iSeries Consolidation Challenge

cdawes

VIP Member
:confused:I've just finished consolidating an AS/400 820 (950 CPW) Enterprise Server and 4 x 4 way Application Servers onto ONE i5 570 (9600 CPW).

Right now I still have one 4 way Intel Application server kicking around that I'd like to get rid of. This Intel server is definitely not required for performance reasons (went from 950 CPW to 9600 CPW and we're laughing) but more for "security". Right now I have 2 groups of users that run the same reports but for different Business Units. Group A is not aloud to see the reports for Group B.

I'm not aloud to do security on the "USERID" in Submitted Reports as users want to be able to see other peoples reports. Thus, my only solution is to have these reports process in different locations and then secure the location. This is why the other Intel server is there - a seperate physical machine that we just map all of Group A's reports to and secure out from Group B.

Is there a way I can use the iSeries to achieve a seperate work area for Group A? LPAR is not an option at this point. Also, I don't want to create new queues for Group A or B since they run the SAME reports.

What I can do is play with subsystems, routing entries, job descriptions, etc.

Thanks,

Colin

Back