PORTTEST STArted to fail suddenly

J_J

Hello All

One my client ( ERP8.9 sql server on WIN2003 platform) suddenly started to have issue submittig job to the server. When ever they submit any job to enterrise server it comes back with the eror unable to submit the job to server. Port test is alos failing Attahced is the log. Let me know if any one has seen this issue. It was working perfectly fine til firday morning.
I ahve rebooted the server, changed the IPC number and all.. nothing is helping All the password are working

Attachments

• 76797-FATCLINET_JDE.LOG
    357 bytes · Views: 117
HI J_J,

Is your PORTTEST and UBE submission on server faling in all environments for all users. Do you use user security or System security for your sign on (ie do your users have a F98OWSEC security record).

I have seen that in the ES jde.ini if in the [SECURITY] section you have SecurityServer=<servername> and then if you do a porttest with a user that does not have a security record the porttest fails.

Are you using "JDE" as your system user. If so did you have a F98OWSEC record for JDE which you have removed recently for some reason. If you did add it again , restart your service and then try

I think if you use JDE ID with no security record, temporarily set the securityserver= blank and do the porttest using JDE.

Good Morning JJ.

Did you find a resolution for this problem? We are having similar issues and have been on with R.L. for about 6 hours to no avail. The problem began with a hardware failure on our AS/400 but it has been back up for hours. Only JDE, aka PeopleSoft Enterprise One is still having problems. Our entire system is down and the lynching is close at hand........

Thanks,
Brenda

Brenda,

My problem was I was doign PORTTEST using terminal server client. PORTEST NEEDS tobe performed fromt eh desktop of your enterprise/app server.

I hope this helps

Your services do not start at all? What failed in your hardware architecture? Do you have any logs?

List,
We have the issue resolved. I was out of the office yesterday but it is my understanding that we had a hardward issue that caused us to crash. Once the hardware was repaired, we began to experience the problem with porttest. After several hours of trouble-shooting on the PeopleSoft side of things, it was discovered that an AS/400 object was corrupt. Once the object was identified, our AS/400 guys replaced it with a good copy and JDE began to work properly. I apologize for being so vague but the AS/400 is not my area. I can tell you that the security kernel was where the problem seemed to be and we were getting the following error:

Job 859080/ONEWORLD/JDENET_K started on 11/10/04 at 05:37:02 in subsystem
JDEB7333 in B7333SYS. Job entered system on 11/10/04 at 05:37:02.
Security Kernel(PID = 112 )
Lock space location operation not satisfied in specified time interval.
Invalid space location unlock request.
Dump output directed to spooled file 1, job 859080/ONEWORLD/JDENET_K
created on system DKPROD01 on 11/10/04 05:42:04.
Application error. MCH2605 unmonitored by QC2UTIL1 at statement
0000000119, instruction X'0000'.

If I get more info, I will be sure to pass it along to anyone who is interested.

Thanks for your input.

can you please tell me the object which was corrupted and replaced by AS400 team.

As we are facing the similar issue.

Looking forward for reply asap.

Thanks,
Nagalakshmi.

Hi

Can you please tell me the object name which was corrupted and replaced by AS400 team.

We face similar issue and would like to fix it asap.

Looking forward for the reply,

Thanks,
Nagalakshmi

Back