Security error running UBE from web client

WFEvans

Hi, all -

I am quite unfamiliar with the Solution Explorer, especially when moving from a fat client to the web (HTML) client. We are on EnterpriseOne Xe, SP22, and we have several UBEs which selected users can access from the fat client, but these same users receive a security "error" when trying to run the reports from the web client. Administrative users (such as JDE) can access the UBEs without error.

It was my understanding that once security was configured for OW Explorer, it would be consistently transferred to the Solution Explorer and web environments. Apparently, this is not strictly the case.

Any information on where to start to look for why the users cannot see the UBEs from their web clients would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

... Bill

Bill,

One of the things that we ran into from a restrict all, grant back security standpoint is that some of the programs that called the UBEs were different from fat client to web client. We experienced the same issue where users could run UBEs called from a task view in fat client but were restricted on the web client. Granting the users correct access to that version corrected the errors they were getting. Hope this helps some.

Try granting access to P98305V. Also, there was a document that was released a while back about creating an OCM mapping for N98305V. I'll see if I can find it and attach it to a message here.

Thanks for the information, Dan and Todd.

I've tried looking at the P98305V, but we apparently don't have that object on the system - we have P98305, however. What is the significance of the "V" in P98305V compared to P98305?

Thanks again for your help!

... Bill Evans

The V is used for the WEB client. I'll double check, it may have only been the N98305V object.

It is P98305W. Use security workbench and look for all objects secured under a role. Look for objects that have blank descriptions. They do not exist any more and may have a new object replacement with a W at the end.

Back