SP22_X1

Devki

Applying Service Pack 22_X1 and JD21799

My understanding is that both the SP22_X1 and the ESU JD21799 must be applied for the Password Encryption to work correctly. The order in which you apply the 2 does not matter.

We are using Logical Partitioning on the Enterprise Server, which is the AS400. DV and PY on secondary partition, PD on the primary. We have 2 sets of JDE.INI (AS4001 and AS4002) and the security server remains the Primary partition i.e. AS4001 in this example. This means that AS4001 should be up and running for the client to login to the DV or PY environments on AS4002.
However, we have DD; OL: SYS7333 shared by both partitions. We have SVM and B7334SYS on both partitions, ENT1 and ENT2.

My dilemma is how I am going to apply the SP and the ESU so that the Logins are successful in all environments. My aim is to successfully apply the service pack SP22_X1 using the Multiple Foundation method. The new Password Encryption takes effect only after we apply the ESU JD21799. Worry about this later. Is this a wise decision?

Any thoughts on this process would be appreciated.

Currently on SP20_F1 OW Xe and Update 7
Enterprise Server: AS400 V5R1 with Logical Partitioning (PD on Primary Partition and DV & PY on Secondary).
Deployment Server: NT
Terminal Server and mostly CITRIX clients

Back