Knowledge Browser & Breaking News Removed From Website!!!!!!!

DwightMitchell

Hello Everyone,

I just got off the phone with PeopleSoft and was advised that the Knowledge Browser & Breaking News have been removed from the website and replaced with the new Solution Search functionality which is horrible. This means no more white papaers for downloading.

This is a huge loss for setup and confguration.

I was advise that a number of customers have been calling to complain and that we should sign onto customer connection and register a formal complaint in order to get this reinstated. There is s link for this option.

Everyone should registier a formal complaint so that PeopleSoft will put these features back.

Kind Regards,

Dwight

Dwight,

I am not sure this is entirely correct. If you go to the online advanced search (Login, click Support, Online Support, Search for Solutions, Go to Advanced Search) you can get access to whitepapers. Perform a search as you normally would, select an document from the search, and scroll to the very bottom of the document. If there is a whitepaper attached (OTT, OTM, etc.) there will be a link in the bottom left corner of the page.

Overall I find the search capabilities much improved over the old knowledge Garden search. I have yet to determine if breaking news is hidden somewhere, but if I find it I will let everyone know. Breaking news and tech flashes contain critical information, and they must have some mechanism for delivering that information to end users.

I have to agree with Dwight. The Solution Search stinks. The biggest flaw I see is the initial search does not display any dates. Breaking News and Tech Flashes are gone. How did you log a complaint? Create a case?

Patty

There is a contact us link at the bottom of the Knowledge Garden page. On the contact us page, there is a link titled "Email Us Customer Connection Feedback".

The "Log an Issue" page also has changed. They have changed some of the module names, for instance job cost is now known as project costing. I complained about that.

I sat in on the Customer Connection webinar today. There are some discussion among management about putting breaking news items back on Customer Connection. Peoplesoft had critical news items about security only unlike JDE.

I sat in on the Customer Connection webinar today. There are some discussion among management about putting breaking news items back on Customer Connection. Peoplesoft had critical news items about security only.

I just noticed this as well today...however, it does appear that they have given us customers, access to the "Calls" which were only available to the business partners before. This is a nice feature.

Where can I find these "calls" which were only available to the business partners before?

I am not sure this is entirely correct. If you go to the online advanced search (Login, click Support, Online Support, Search for Solutions, Go to Advanced Search) you can get access to whitepapers. Perform a search as you normally would, select an document from the search, and scroll to the very bottom of the document. If there is a whitepaper attached (OTT, OTM, etc.) there will be a link in the bottom left corner of the page.

Paul,

I tried that yesterday (Aug 16) and today(Aug 17). It doesn't work. My session just hangs.

Oddly enough though, the Search pagelet to the left of the screen, just below the navigation box, worked. The searches I entered returned relevant entries, each with a synopsis. As you indicated, links to the whitepapers are placed at the bottom of the page. The links do not work though... Very frustrating...

Same problem here. I cannot find any Knowledge Search features. I can get to SAR Search and that is it. When I follow "(Login, click Support, Online Support, Search for Solutions, ....." I get a completely blank screen.

This may mean that the guys in California are running some "overnight" job that means us lot in Europe have to wait for this feature to reappear? I hope not.

I've had problems with SAR Search giving me a blank screen, too. What seems to be happening for me is that if I go straight into SAR Search, it works. However, if I go into something like Manage Cases, and then try to do a SAR Search, that's when I get a blank screen.

Most of the knowledge documents have been mirrored onto my website by the way - there is a far more powerful search utility for registered users...

Everyone,

Managed to get in this time! I used FireFox instead of IE as web browser.

Go to Tools/Options/Web Features in FireFox and allow the following sites to open popup windows:

www.peoplesoft.com
customer.peoplesoft.com

Don't forget to give permissions to the same sites in your firewall, ad-blocker software.

BTW, I used both the Search pagelet you get on the bottom left side of the screen as well as going through the navbar at the left (Support/Knowledge Garden Support/Online Support, then type your keywords in the search window). Both methods worked.

Tried to do the same settings in IE but still got nowhere. I'm using FireFox from now on :)

Cheers,

In addition to allowing the sites to display pop-ups, you should also allow them to set cookies.

Works with Netscape 7.2 also. I wonder if this is the start of another browser war :)

I have only just got to a point where I can see the Search Screen in Customer Connect... I knew it was a problem with Norton but after some trial and error I isolated the problem to Ad-Blocking.

Switch blocking off and you can see the search screen in IE. I fail to see how Symantec have this set up such that it interprets the entire search screen as an Advert! The user cannot prevent Norton from performing Ad-Blocking by web address. Maybe PeopleSoft should have a quiet word with them.... I will feed this back to PeopleSoft.

Have you figured out where the "Calls" are? I did a quick search on "R3482" and could only find Knowledge Docs... There should be an aweful lot of calls surely?

My big disappontment is that I don't understand how to use this Search and haven't found an obvious HELP feature. The "Product Group"/"Product/Service" fields in "Frequently Used Solutions" don't seem to include all the Categories I might expect. For example, If I want "Manufacturing" & "Product Data Management" I can't get all white papers for PDM.... I have to choose "Bills and Routings" or (more bizarrely) "Bills and Routings Argentina"! Even if you are brave enough to drill down that far you then find that under "Release/Industry" it lists only Enterprise releases and not EO8.9 for example. Interesting.

OK. Does anyone know how to use the "Solution" - "Solution Summary" and "Solution ID" fields. The pull-down menus have certain Boolean comparisons but is this referring to what exactly as an Operand? Is it free text or is this some special PeopleSoft terminology I haven't learnt yet? What is the difference between "Match on:" "All" & "Any"? How would I search on Papers or Calls for EO8.9 Distribution for example? We could do it before and it was invaluable for Browsing.

I remain to be convinced about how much improvement this. It isn't very good for "Browsing" and the search functions seem obscure.

There's probably a "per site" setting in Symantec that you can use. I use ZoneAlarm myself. It has a global setting to block all popups. But I can specify exceptions by specifying the website's complete or partial url. With the peoplesoft website, I had to allow customer.peoplesoft.com and www.peoplesoft.com to display popups (ads) and accept cookies from them. To cover both bases though, I used a partial url - peoplesoft.com when I defined the settings.

You'll have to use the SAR search engine. It should be one of the search engines available in the Search pagelet in the left middle part of your customer connection Home page.

Looks like they haven't sorted out a unified logon because it still does require you to have a knowledge garden login.

The calls are part of the solution search. I recommend that you type in a phase in the keyword field.

I'm having a hard time as well with the Product Group/Product/Service fields. Has anyone noticed when they open a case, there is no technology foundation Xe, but there is one for technology foundation 8.9?

Its pathetic

I get asked to login to Peoplesoft Knowledge Heap every other page "please log in.... please log in..." - you'd think they'd know how to correctly set up cookies, wouldn't you ?

Half the time I get sent to an actual COPY of Peoplesoft Enterprise running on their server - do others get that ? I don't have an ID for Peoplesoft Enterprise at Peoplesoft Inc - but I wonder why I keep getting passed there ?????

I am coming to the realization that Peoplesoft wouldn't know how a portal worked if they were stranded on a desert island with an internet connection, a web server and a "Dummies guide to getting portals to rescue you off a deserted island" book.

I'm also coming to the realization that Peoplesoft aren't very helpful to EnterpriseOne customers when you ask them about items like related to their website. Is this the way that Peoplesoft want to be remembered by ? Would it be any different under new management ? I wonder if the justice department are taking items like that into consideration...?

Back