Job Queue on the Version Detail

gary4444

Hi,

I need to override the job queue for a large number of versions of many reports. Because of too many versions need to update, I'm considering to use SQL to update the job queue name directly.

But unfortunately I couldn't find where the version's job queue is not stored, it doesn't exist in the Version List (F983051), anyone knows where it hides ? in the RDA TAM spec ?

Thanks.

It is hidden in a BLOB, so you will not be able to use SQL.

We have a commercial tool to do this - if you are interested, please, contact me via e-mail directly for more details.

Regards,
Alexander Pastuhov
http://www.pastuhov.com.au/index.htm

Gary,
it´s hidden in a BLOB field in RDASPEC. You can see it when you open your local rdaspec file with UTB. Enter your report and version name and set nRecordType to 1. You can see the queue at the bottom of the expanded BLOB field on the right of UTB.
But Alex is correct, you cannot *change* it using SQL.
Gerd

Actually, you can change it with sql. A little while ago, I had to do the same thing. I wrote a C# program that the read the 'RSRDABLOB' field from the 'F98761' table and edited the bytes that represented the queue and wrote the blob back to the database. This saved me a ton of time. If you open UltraEdit and change to hex, you can paste the blob value and see which bytes represent the queue. If you are not a programmer, you might want to ask someone to write this program for you.

Just to remind you, you have to do a get on the version, or a package build, in order to see the changes.

Sorry for intervening, but I still did not understand how the blob can be changed with SQL.
Thank you,
PS What you have described is how to use C# to edit the bytes allocated for queue, in the blob.

In C#, I read the blob field from the database into a byte array. Then I changed the neccessary bytes that represent the queue. Then I updated the sql database with the new blob. Granted, no you cannot do this with query analyzer, but you can do it.

Back