P4210

gfisher

Hello, I was wondering if anyone is using the P4210 (non-customized) for tracking commercial project orders, or orders that are flagged to go out before all other orders - kind of like assigning priority on orders. There are two items that we need to identify at order entry: 1.)The order is a commercial project and 2.) The order must be shipped ASAP to the customer.

For the commercial project field, I was going to just use the Job Type field in the Header (F4201.SHROUT ) as my identifier for commercial projects but was unsure if this field is potnetially updated by the Transportation module. For identifying orders as ASAP I was going to use the Print Message field (F4201.SHINMG) but am concerned that I will not be able to search on this field in any inquiry screens. And of course, all of my reports will have to change based on these new changes.

Have anyone used sales order entry for identifying these types of orders? I am leaning in the direction of a new sales order type, but am not a big fan of that since AAI's need to be set up, reports need to change, and so on. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Back