UBE Print Immediate

jrwood

jrwood

Is there a way, without writing a BSFN, to have a particular UBE print immediately?

Hi,

What is your configuration ?
Do you use fat clients ? web clients ?
What is your SP ?

With web client, you can set up particular ube to be printed immediately by user.
For that, you have to modify your JAS.ini file by adding a section [PRINTIMMEDIATE].
In this section type a user id "=" and a list of ube to be printed immediate, separated by a comma.
example :

[PRINTIMMEDIATE]
FRTR=R014021,R5641REPR,R5642ROBOT

And don't forget to define a default printer for the user (or its group, or for ALL).

My understanding of this technique is that it only works for UBE's submitted from BV and will not work with UBE's submitted from an application.

Has anyone tried this and can confirm?

i have emailed you and await your reply

can you tell me which programs this modification will affect?

JRWOOD,
I have a FREE solution for this that we are using and it work great. Let me know if you are interested?

PeterL

my two pennies:

1. define for user/group what report/version in what environment should be printed immediate in what printer. You do this in menu GH9013, work with default printer.

2. define default printer for user/group=*PUBLIC, report/version=*ALL that points to an non existing printer \\no_output\printer

3. change jde.ini :smirk:in [NETWORK QUEUE SETTINGS], add PrintImmediate=TRUE

Here's AUD$0.02, not as much as USD$0.02 though it is improving lately, but here it is anyway:

I modified the P986162 ("Printer selection before printing a UBE") to look up a UDC. If the UDC is found then the UBE us submitted to Print Immediate. If anyone is interested, I can provide more details.

If you want the solution just send me a private message so I can reply. I just updated the document 10/28/2004 so that anyone can apply the enhancement (Screen Shots and Code). The client is using it and loving it.

Thanks,

PeterL

Hi
I'm interested in the solution that you may have for the print immediate problem. Could you give me a bit more detail on what your solution is.

Thanks in advance

Farhaad [email protected]

Hello

It works for user, but does not work for Group or *all . Is this how its suppose to work or there is some other tweaking which can be done to make it workable for Groups too

This mod was written based on a requirement that a there are some reports that should always print immediate after completion when the end user will kicks it off. Management did not want the "additional step" of manually checking the "Print Immediate" box or reley on the user to remember what reports should print immediate.

Hope you can use this.....

Attachments

• 83525-Print Immediate Mod.pdf
    610.2 KB · Views: 269
I would be interested in the solution for your print immediate problem. We submit our UBE command from Unix and our program is a Table conversion program that submits many UBE report interconnects from a single TC program. I want all the UBE report interconnects to print immediately.

Back