Reports not being copied to printqueue when viewed

Neal Scarr

Since upgrading one of our Citrix servers to Windows 2000/citrix XP (from NT 4.0 TSE/metaframe 1.8) OneWorld is ignoring the JDE.INI line WTSLOGS=TRUE on the new Citrix server. Therefore the copy of the JDE.INI that goes into the users home folder doesnt point to a unique path with their username in it. This is causing us headaches because all logs are going to the same place and users cant access their reports via explorer when they want to e-mail them.
The JDE.INI is exactly the same on this new server as the others as is everything else. The only difference is the windows and Citrix version. Has anyone had any issues with this when going to Windows 2000 or Citrix XP?
Thanks, Neal.

Neal,

I believe this because before you were using windows NT which stored it's profiles in a proliles folder and with windows 2000 the profiles are stored in documents and settings unless you changed it in Active Directory or TSE drive mapping to store it somewhere else. Try re-setting WTSlogs=False and see what happens. I am on Windows 2000 MetaFrame XP and all my uses INI and log files goes to their home drive on the network. For my PrintQueuq location I added a fairly large drive to my Citrix Servers and have all the PDF's go there which I purge every week or so, that way I don't have all the cross network traffic with the files going to their home drives and that eliminates the timeout issues that we were having.

Thanks for the reply, we do have TSE home drive mappings to store profiles on a network drive rather than on the local Citrix server. This works fine on our NT4 boxes but on the windows 2000 server it ignores this setting and creates a folder in C:\documents and settings for every user that logs in. Still cant figure out why.

I have tried many combination to get it not create the profiles in Documents and setting, in the end I just left it. The way my users are configured is basically each have a profile in the doc and settings location, the Windows folder of that location gets copied to their home drive so that each user can have control of their INI and log files and all my PDF's go to a local drive on the servers that was placed specifically for that purpose. I believe the profiles going local to the machine is more so a Windows thing with AD than a Citrix issues.

So far mine is working without any issues.

Just to clarify, the Windows 2000 citrix server seems to be ignoring the terminal server home directory in the user profile. The drive letter in the user profile is written to the JDE.INI file, but not the path. Any more ideas ?
Thanks
Neal

and you do have the correct output settings in the ini file that tells it where to put the PDF's.

;Enable OutputDirectory when Home directory is enabled on TSE
OutputDirectory=E:\

what is the error you are getting in your jdelog.

Hi Cleo

Yes, the JDE.INI file copied from the WINNT directory contains OutputDirectory=W:\

There are no errors in the log files, but they and the PDF's are being created on the C drive of the Citrix server and not the network drive.

Thanks for your help.
Neal

Neal,

I am attaching my Citrix JDE.INI file see if there is anything that that might help. Also as for the AD profiles settins you might want to remove it for one user maybe create a test user and don't include the path to the network proflies and see if that makes a difference. I know we had a lot of issues with that when we attempted to do it that way. Also on the W:\ location make sure your users have access to write to that location.

Attachments

• 76506-TSE JDE.INI
    4.6 KB · Views: 255
But when this is working correctly, if the network drive is not available, Acrobat gives an error message stating "There was an error opening the document. The path does not exist." AD is probably the place to concentrate the trouble shooting efforts in this case since the PDFs are being copied to the C drive of the server.

Just to expand further, we currently have an NT4 domain and a new active directory (which is not live at the moment). Both the existing NT4 and Windows 2000 citrix machines are on the NT4 domain. None of the users have been set up in active directory. If a user signs onto an NT4 citrix machine the log files and PDF's are mapped correctly to the network drive. If the same user logs onto a Windows 2000 citrix machine the logs and PDF's are saved onto the C drive of the citrix machine. The JDE.INI files are the same on both the NT4 and Windows 2000 machines.

Hope this helps.
Neal

Do a comparison on your ICA settings on both servers. Since you upgraded your servers are they still in the same farm or do you have a seperate farm for each OS level. Also did you do a actual upgrade of did you do a re-install.

do you mind uploading your ini file so that we can take a look at it.

The ICA settings are the same (but the versions of citrix are different) and the NT4 and W2K servers are in separate farms. The W2K servers were rebuilt.

One thing I noticed was that your ini file does not contain an entry for WTSLOGS.

I have attached my JDE.INI file. Hope this helps.

Thanks
Neal

Attachments

• 76531-JDE.INI
    8.2 KB · Views: 89
Back