Multiple Users using Citrix on same PC

gcotten

I have a problem I have been trying to solve for the past week. I have a PC that multiple people want to use to connect to JDEdwards via Citrix Terminal Server. The version of Citrix is Citrix XP. We have other users who connect via terminal server but they use their own PC's exclusively. I can allow multiple users to connect if I make them a Power User of the PC. So that makes me think it is a permission issue. Can anyone help, or has anyone else had this problem?

Greg

In the situation where multiple users are logging in under different user PC profiles I have had to set up different Citrix/JDE shortcuts like: JOE_JDE, FRED_JDE & SUZIE_JDE. I then drag them to the desktop. Maybe this will work for you.

I believe if you configure Citrix under the all users profile anyone who logs on to the machine will have the configured information, providing that under the all users, application data has an ICAClient folder containing all the configuration files.

I have tried to add the shortcut to the Desktop of the All Users folder but that did not work. It will work if I make the user a Power User. But I can't do that. Do you know of a shared file or folder that the user needs permission to for this to happen.

Or do you think I need to have each person log into the PC and then set them up individually. I would assume the information is stored in the person's roaming profile.

Update:

For all users of JDE Terminal Server that have roaming profiles, the Citrix information is stored in the roaming profile. Meaning to configure multiple users that use the same PC for JDE Terminal Server Connection, the profiles have to be configured seperately. By using a generic JDE connection and placing the shortcut in the All Users folder will not work. Unless you make the user a Power User.

Back