Data Dictionary Overrides

Amits

Hi All,

My development team has made some changes to Data Dictionary. They have modified the Text Description for some data dictionaries. I have used Product Packaging the move the DD changes to Production. The changes have reached production system ..I can see them in DD tables in production but they are not appearing on the screens.

Any clue whats going..experts please help.

You have to update your local specs. You can run R92TAM to re-gen the full DD specs or delete dddict.* file from your spec folder to force just in time install.

I have deleted the ddtext, dddict and glbltbl .XDB and .DDB files from my spec directory. I have the Data Dictionary changes in my DD tables.

even then you want me to run the R92TAM...

I have just made some cosmetic changes to the P4310 and P4101 screens myself...clearing the "Big Six" tables gives you a clean slate, and allows the tables to be refreshed. At that point you can run the R92TAM and R98CRTGL to rebuild the Big Six, or you can let your machine perform the Just In Time Install (JITI) whenever you encounter a table that has not been used since you performed the table purge.

JITI is safe for a fat client, but not recommended for a Citrix client...if rebuilding for a Citrix client run the two programs to rebuild the Big Six tables...

Thanks for your inputs. I found an issue with Prod Packaging. My DD changes didnt come across completly to Production. I will open a call with GSS.

Thanks for your valuable inputs friend.

Back