UBE going to error on server

knandan

Occasionally we are facing problem in UBE process on the server. UBE goes into the error. After restarting the services it starts working normally.

The report log says "IPC1200007 - lockIPCInit failed, last errno:) No space left on device." "IPC1200011 - Check OS kernel parameters semmni and semmns."

It is also observed that while shutting down services startstop log record the message
"There are leftover IPC resources for this user. If you are not running another OneWorld instance under this
user id, you may need to remove these resources manually."

peoplestoft helpdesk simply replied that it is OS kernel setting related problem

attached herewith server JDE.INI file,startstop.log & reprot log

Thanks & Regards

Attachments

• 76180-JDE.INI
    5.4 KB · Views: 128
Your issue is that your Enterprise Server ran out of disk space. Correct that issue and you will be fine.

I had that IPC error a while back, it is basically a confilict between you JDE IPC settings and you actual server IPC stack. There is a section in the Server Administration Guide that talks about adding a section in your server system file in the ect folder on your UNIX server.

This is what mine looks like and the IPC setting in my JDE.INI file is set like this, I generally don't have IPC issues unless non JDE porcess on the server gets hung and that very seldom happens.

[JDEIPC]
ipcTrace=0
maxNumberOfSemaphores=300
startIPCKeyValue=8999
;startIPCKeyValue=IIIII

* ################################################################
* START OF KERNEL TWEAKING for 1-WORLD, Dec. 2 2002 PER C. Isaacs
* ################################################################
set bufhwm=40000
set pt_cnt=2000
set priority_paging=1
set autoup=240
set rlim_fd_cur=256
* Interprocess Communication (IPC) Parameters - Message Queue
set msgsys:msginfo_msgmap=2048
set msgsys:msginfo_msgmax=8192
set msgsys:msginfo_msgmnb=16384
set msgsys:msginfo_msgmni=104
set msgsys:msginfo_msgssz=32
set msgsys:msginfo_msgtql=2048
set msgsys:msginfo_msgseg=32767
* Interprocess Communication (IPC) Parameters - Semaphore Facility
set semsys:seminfo_semmap=256
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=314
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=314
set semsys:seminfo_semmnu=314
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=514
set semsys:seminfo_semopm=50
set semsys:seminfo_semume=64
set semsys:seminfo_semvmx=32767
* Interprocess Communication (IPC) Parameters - Shared Memory
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=2113568000
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=256
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=256

The important thing to note in that error is the line that states:

"No space left on device."

Which usually means that you ran our of disk space on your server. I would rule out the drive space issue first before digging any deeper.

most certainly, why don't you use SAW and check the server space for the /u01 file system. The server could have space but if /u01 is full your jobs will error out.

Hello, check not only the volume where OW is installed. But check the available space in the swap partition.

Regards.

Jim.

Re: UBE going to error on serve (Disk Space)

hi,
the very first thing we did was checking the disk space, but there is ample space (more than 10 GB) is available on JDE disk, also on swap.
the problem seems to be more related to IPC configuration, and working on configuring IPC resources as suggested by Kieran

Back