Completely Deleting User

vchai

Does anyone know of a list of tasks to perform when deleting a user from OneWorld? For instance, simply deleting them from User Profiles does not remove entries in User Override or OMW. Also, I can't delete their default project for some reason.

Trying to do a bit of a cleanup before upgrading from Xe to ERP 8.0

Thanks.

Hi,
You will not be able to delete the default project if the user is existing. First remove all the objects inside the default project of the user you want to delete.Make sure to check in the objects that are currently checked out in the particular users name. Then delete the user. You should have the full cnc rights to do the same. Also check if you have the rights to delete the project from the allowed actions application. Now try to delete the default project for that user.
Well an entry for a nonexisting user that is left in the user override should not be a problem for you in the upgrade process.

I keep getting a "Not authorized" error when I try to delete a user's default project. Allowed actions are set to *All. I can't figure out why it won't let me delete the project.

The only way I have been able to accomplish this in the past was to go directly to the database and delete the user default profile.

What table did you delete this from? I have already deleted the user from F0092.

Thought I'd put my 2 cents in on this one. Be careful when deleting a user that you also delete any security for that particular userid in the security workbench. We recently had a situation where a userid had been deleted a couple of years ago and the userid was reused for a new person coming into the company. When the userid was re-entered, the old security that was hanging round became active and the user had some inappropriate access. The auditors did not like it!

Regards
Marty

My 2 cents: this is an excellent argument for managing security through Groups instead of individuals. It also saves on constatnly re-inventing the wheel so to speak.

absolutely, I seldom do any iser security it is 95% controlled by group, with the limited exception. Group security also impacts perfomance less.

The Tables that contains the default projects and other OMW information are F98220, F98221, F98220D, F98222. The F98220 contains the Default projects.

Back