Com wrapped BF's not closing GL batch

peterban

peterban

Reputable Poster
Com wrapped BF\'s not closing GL batch

Hi all,
I am in the middle of some significant testing at a client site where they are using Com wrapped BF's. These BF's are "dropped" onto another machine on the network and are used to interface into a 3rd party product.

Generally, this all hangs together and I can see (for example) inventory adjustments going through OK - F41021, F4111 and F0911 all having the right information in them).
However every now and again it seems to not close the batch correctly.

I think this is to do with error handling and the rollback in the enddoc - but I cannot pin it down (afterall Im supposed to be an apps person!)

Has anyone seen this happening before and what did you do to fix it ?

Many thanks in advance!

Peter

PS client machine is ERP8, SP22 - and the transactions work fine when Im in a pure JDE screen :-(

Re: Com wrapped BF\'s not closing GL batch

Peter,

I've seen this before, similar circumstances, MBF's called via COM wrappers, though it was more of a coding problem rather than anything COM related. Some MBF's require a call to F0011 Close Batch otherwise the batch is left "in use". Most of the MBF's (that I've used) do this for you, but some don't.

If you can put debugging on both the interactive app and the COM bits you can compare the calls, see if the close is missing and where's it's initiated from.

Regards

Neil.

Hi Niel,
many thanks for this - at least its sent me in the right direction.

You wouldnt have a list of the ones you found which didnt have the close batch in would you ?
The main problem areas seems to be the inventory transactions (issue, adjustment, transfer) and the PO receipt.

Many thanks

Peter

Hi Peter,

Glad it helped. Sorry I don't have a list showing which MBF's you'd explicitly need to call the close batch for. When I hook up the functions I first have a look to see which ones jde call in the standard app's e.g. P4312, P4114 etc.

Regards

Neil.

Back