OneWorld ODA and MS Access

parora

Well Known Member
Hi All,

2 questions regarding ODBC connections:

1a. When I use the OneWorld ODA to link to a OneWorld table using MS Access, I get an error when I try to sum across a currency field, "ODBC--call failed....Currency columns can only be in simple column references".

1b. Using the ODA Connection I also have problems trying to filter on Date fields, e.g. if I have <6/30/04 specified in my Access query, I get the error "SQL0180 - Syntax of date...not valid"

Is there a way around #1a) and #1b) above?

2. If I create my own ODBC connection and then link to a OneWorld Table, I don't get the proper format when I perform queries, so I may have to take a Quantity Field and divide by 1000 in my query. Is there any setting that I can change, when I'm creating my ODBC connection to get the proper format, similiar to what the OneWorld ODA does?

Thanks.

Not that you're still waiting on an answer to your post, but here goes:
1a and 2: Within the "configure" button on the OneWorld ODA system data source, there is an option to convert currency columns. When you do this, it does wierd things to the field. If you turn it off, you should be able to sum. Similarly, there is a parameter within the connection string if you're using anything like ADO. This is specific to the OneWorld ODA and would not be available with your own ODBC connection Here are all the connection string parameters that I know of:
DSN=OneWorld ODA;UID=*;PWD=*;
ENVIRONMENT=*;SHIFTDECIMALS=N;CONVERTJULIANDATES=Y;
CONVERTCURRENCY=N;
CONVERTUDC=N;DISPLAYOPTIONS=0;
LONGCOLUMNNAMES=N;LONGTABLENAMES=N;
NumericFun=ffffff;StringFun=ffffff;SystemFun=7;DateTimeFun=1fffff;ConvertFun=3;

As for 1b, I think you'll be fine if you just add the number symbol, i.e.
<#6/30/04#

Back