User training incurred by ERP 8.9 upgrade?

rhunt

Well Known Member
I am trying to get a feel for how much user training might be involved with the new look and feel of ERP 8.9. We are currently on XE and trying to decide ERP 8.0 or 8.9. Obviously one of the considerations (immediate anyway) is the amount of training required for users.

I haven't even seen the new ERP 8.9 interface... Would anyone be willing to share their user training experiences from moving to ERP 8.9 (or even 8.0 for that matter)?

Thanks In Advance.

Ryan Hunt

Ryan,

We are also on XE and are moving to E1 8.9. For the most part, end-user applications have remained the same. We are planning for 1/2 hour sessions for all our users on using the Solution Explorer interface. Other than that, we have documented the new features we've run across in testing, retrofitting and our conference room pilot, and have made these changes known to the affected functional areas. PeopleSoft really botched this upgrade by not putting out any net-change release notes, something I consider a must-have with any upgrade. Otherwise, how will you know what's new or changed, so you can see if you can benefit from it, or at least see if it works?

So, for us, it really isn't going to be a big change for the end users.

Training depends on the interface you are using with XE. In our case, we are using the OneWorld Explorer rather than solution explorer. So our training will be much more extensive than someone already using solution explorer. When you get to the actual application forms, the look and feel is the same as XE.

Back