Check in object

CNCTech

I have accidently over written object and specs in PY. I still have the old ones residing on a fat client. The problem is we dont have Save Location and I want to check in the object and specs back to PY from the fat client as they have a number volcabulary overrides we did. HELP !

Make a copy of the PY7333 folder and name it PY7333SAVE. Check out the
object. rename the PY7333save back to PY7333 and check it in.
=20

Thank you,=20
Colin Galdo=20
CNC Administrator=20
Hanson Building Materials America, Inc.=20
Voice - (919) 380-2581=20
Mobile - (919) 795-0295=20
Fax - (919) 380-2578=20
[email protected]=20

This was recently discussed on the list. There was a slick idea to check the object out anywhere except the machine that has the version you want. Edit the table that records check outs and change to machine name from the one where you checked out the object to the machine name with the object that you want. Check in the object from the machine with the desired specs. Do a search on the list to get the table name to be edited.

Re: RE: Check in object

CNCONEWORLD,
That didnt work in my environment. I am checking the Transfer Rule to confirm if indeed we can check in object to PY environment

Is the object good in DV? If so, why not transfer it up in a new project?

If that doesn't work, create some new activity rules for PY, check the object out, do an advanced get from PD or another known good source, then check the object back in.

my user made an extensive changes to Volcab overrides in PY. This is what I am trying to restore. I used the GET in OMW to pull them to the workstation.

Why can you try and temporarily replace the PY Path Code on you Deployment server witht he PY path Code from the workstation that has the object, check the object out then restore the PY path Code on your deployment server and check the object in.

Any other ideas.

Back