Audit Trail API

rsdrahul

Hi guys,
Has Anyone used any kind of Audit Trail APIs to gather detailed information on the activities a user performs(e.g. Applications or Reports that a user accesses). I guess the API that writes to JDEDEBUG.LOG would give me the necessary info but am unable to find it

Any help on this aspect would be appreciated.

Rahul
XE AS400 DB2 SP22

You could use:

B0900102 – Write to JDE.log
B0800278 – Write to JDEDEBUG.log

They seem to be using jdeTraceSz(NULL, string);

Hope that helps.

Hey Shaun,
Cannot trace BSFN B0800278 – Write to JDEDEBUG.log
Can you tell me if its right BSFN

Thanks
Amit J

Sorry my bad, B0800278 – Write to JDEDEBUG.log is the correct name but it seems to have been created after Xe (I am not sure in which release). But both seem to use the same API and write to jdedebug.log

Thanz Shaun,

I am already looking at BSFN B0900102-Write to JDE.Log
I would need your help Shaun if you could. I actually want to create my Own Audit trail for any Interactive and Batch Application used by any user. So I was thinking if I could use this BSFN B0900102-Write to JDE.Log and copy iformation to my custom table. I want to capture info like UserId, date, time, Program ID, Machine Key (Audit Info). Do you have any knowhow as to how can such info be captured. I walso wanted to know how this BSFN B0900102-Write to JDE.Log is used in the background so that it writes in the JDE.Log file. I would also ned to capture this info in the background

Thanz
Amit J

Back