Planner ESU of EnterpriseOne 8.9

gary4444

Hi, We are now installing ERP9 on HP-UX, I have a question on the planner ESU and TC ESU (i.e Table Conversion ESU PF149). I'm not sure after these ESU are downloaded and executed (by running the setup.exe program) on the deployment server, do I still need to run the "Electronic Software Update" (P96470) to apply the changes to the different environments (e.g. JD9, DV9, PY9, PD9) ?
Please give me a hand if you have any idea.

Many Thanks.

EnterpriseOne 8.9
HP9000-UX
Oralce 9i

Yes, you will need to run the ESU install program (P96470). You will need to apply the ESUs to all environments. The latest Planner ESU is PF1954 and TC ESU is PF211 as of yesterday. Make sure you read all the special instructions prior to loading them.

Yes, you still need to apply them. THe installation program simply extracts the ESU data and inserts some information into the registry and Planner database so you can apply the ESU to your environments as you see fit. However, those ESU's are a requirement for 8.9 and must be applied to JD9 before you begin the actual install or upgrade and should be applied to your other environments after they are created in the workbench.

Charles

Just to add a note, the requirement to apply esus to JD9 and package =
build
JD9 prior to upgrading your source environment is only necessary if you =
plan
to run the table conversions on the server as opposed to the deployment
server.
Regards,
Kieran Fitzgerald

On
Behalf Of cmanderson
Sent: 21 July 2004 11:10
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Planner ESU of EnterpriseOne 8.9

Yes, you still need to apply them. THe installation program simply =
extracts
the ESU data and inserts some information into the registry and Planner
database so you can apply the ESU to your environments as you see fit.
However, those ESU's are a requirement for 8.9 and must be applied to =
JD9
before you begin the actual upgrade and should be applied to your other
environments after they are created in the workbench.=20

Charles Anderson 8.9 SP2_L1,HP-UX 11i,Oracle,Win2K,Citrix,JAS Xe
SP20_B1,HP-UX 11i,Win2K,Oracle,Citrix,JAS=20

The entire JDELIST thread
<http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showflat.php?Cat=3D&Board=3D"OW"&Number=3D"75=
available for viewing.=20

This is the JDELIST EnterpriseOne Mailing List.
The instructions on how to unsubscribe from any JDELIST mailing list are
available here <http://www.jdelist.com/unsubscr.shtml> .
JDELIST is not affiliated with JDEdwards(r).=20

Ok, so I understand why you have to apply to JD9 for the TC's that run on the enterprise server. But since you log onto JDEPLAN for the upgrade plan and workbench, how does the JDEPLAN specs get updated? I've never had any problems but it's just something I've always pondered.

XEU4 SP22_Q1 Oracle 8.1.7 W2k,AIX
In Progress: 8.9(8.93_B1) Oracle 9.2.0.3 W2k,AIX

When you run the setup program after you download the ESU the specs are copied to JDEPLAN.

I've got the same question too. Since the install or upgrade will run on the Planner env. Which is different than JD9 spec. Do you mean Planner env. will run JD9 spec. in server? or we need to run the planner on JD9 env.? Thanks

The JD9 environment gets updated when you apply the ESU to that environment using the Electronic Software Update program (P96470). What that program basically does is takes all of the new changes from JDEPLAN and merges/copies them to the target environment, which in your case is JD9.

Back