Smart Launcher for Enterprise One

Sebastien Leclerc

Well Known Member
There is a known issue with EnterpriseOne 8.9 when customers are using Snapshot to toggle between EnterpriseOne 8.9 and Xe/ERP8 releases. After doing the Snapshot for EnterpriseOne 8.9, the users should not click on the OExplorer icon but they do by mistake; in doing so, it unregisters the OCX files.

============================================

My team had problems with this before. Clicking on the OExplore shortcut while in 8.9 WILL happend to anyone at least once :)

So I created this handy tool that automatically finds the active version of OneWorld (Enterprise One) and launches the corresponding executable from one single Icon. Simply copy the tool where you need it and delete the other shortcuts.

Attachments

• 75688-LaunchEO.zip
    58 KB · Views: 418
Wow! It's been around for 2 years! It's a shame I didn't notice it.

Nonetheless, my implementation also fixes what OCX issues it finds, as well as the PATH variable...

a bat file given by a JDE's technician :

@SET OCXPATH=D:\e810\system\bin32

@echo Registering PeopleSoft OCX files

%WINDIR%\system32\regsvr32 %OCXPATH%\dataitem.ocx /S
%WINDIR%\system32\regsvr32 %OCXPATH%\design.ocx /S
%WINDIR%\system32\regsvr32 %OCXPATH%\jdectocx.ocx /S
%WINDIR%\system32\regsvr32 %OCXPATH%\jdeocx.ocx /S
%WINDIR%\system32\regsvr32 %OCXPATH%\rdareportview.ocx /S

pause

Yes, it's the easiest approach. In fact, that's exactly what I did at first too, but you can see, that this solution does not fix the issue with multiple icons - you will still have to have a batch file like this for every release installed.

Plus it does not address the PATH variable and does not fix _all_ of the ActiveX libraries, just a small bunch of OCX's documented on KG, while there are others that can also occasionally lose registration when using Snapshot.

All of these above can also be easily scripted, but I thought that a free executable tool would be a better way.