WorkFlow Issues

Chaitanya76

Hi List,

I am very new to workflow & have questions on it.

1. How do you debug the workflows both on FAT & HTML?
2. Is their any issue with workflow on HTML? DO I need to some setting for HTML?

Thanks in Advance

I have been doing workflow for awhile and I have yet to find a way to debug them.

A couple of workflow gotchas:

Watch for trailing spaces when passing values to the workflow system functions Get Process Instance for Key or Get Activity Instance for Key. For example, if you are using batch and batch type as key data and you send "V " and 12345, it becomes "V |12345" while your key data is "V|12345" which of course is not the same.

Update Proc Inst Attb Single picks your first DD item of type you want to update (so, don't use the same DD item twice in the data structure, if you want to use this function and want to update the second OWYSNO in the data structure)

Watch out for OR and AND at the end of the Workflow Activity (Transistion And Join). These can either hang things up or send things on too early.

If you can, create (copy) new versions, rather than editing, if you have tested a version. I find that this works better for me.

System functions seem to be the only way to update the additional data in a workflow. I also tend to force a lot steps to complete/bypass using system functions in event rules.

I am in XE, but we are checking things in 8.9, so we will see if there are any new problems in the next week or so.

Jim

We had to install an ESU for Terminate Workflow to work correctly in HTML

Would you share which ESU you had to apply? We're looking to implement this more, and it would be helpful to have this information.
Thanks!

Take a look at SAR 6815067, to solve the problem we had to install ESU JD20589

Back