Issue while copying Serialized object tables (F989998, F989999) (max extents reached)

antoine_mpo

Reputable Poster
Hi List,

I'm working on a way to make full generation during the day, while people are working.
I created a set of F989998 and F989999 tables in another data source, and an ocm mapping for a particular user to use those tables.
I can then make my full html generation.

But my problem is when i want to copy those tables to the "real" tables used by end-users.
When i'm trying to copy them by JDE copy process, i get the following Oracle Error : "ORA-01631: max # extents (505) reached in table DV7333.F989999"
It's because in JDE copy process, JDE first drop the table, then re-create it, so it's no use to change the maxextents parameter on the table ! And i don't know where is took that parameter of 505 max extents !
Any idea ?

For the moment i'm using R98403 report, in "append" mode to work around the issue, but it's taking too much time !

The other solution would be to export/import the table, but i found it a pain in the ass.

Any idea would be appreciated.
How do you do yourself ?

Thansk for your help.

Cheers,

Re: Issue while copying Serialized object tables (F989998, F989999) (max extents reached)

Try the copy using R98403B, this is the one I use to do my F98999 and F98998 copy from my second set of serealized objects to the actual production set.

Re: Issue while copying Serialized object tables (F989998, F989999) (max extents reached)

Why not just point the OCMs for *PUBLIC to the new set of Serialized Object tables??

Hi Matthew,

i'd prefer not to point the ocm to those tables, to keep them for generation for my different environment.

Thanks for you help anyway.

Hi Cleola,

I'm gonna take a look to that batch. I didn't know it.
What is the difference with the R98403 ?

Thanks,

Cheers,

Hi,

I did a try, but unfortunately, this batch is working the same way as JDE table copy : first it drop the table in the target data source, then recreate it and then make the copy.

So i will probably have the same problem of max extents while copying the serialized objects tables.

Thanks,

Cheers,

F98403B does not provide all the various processing options settings as F98403, it is a much more simple copy porcess then the F98403. What you can also do is first truncate you live tables so that you are sure they are empty and then use F98403B to make the copy. You basicall have 3 processing options to fill out the source, the target and final or proof. And of course run it local.

Let us know what happens.

Back