Abode Acrobat Reader 6.0

RAMMEDJR

Well Known Member
Currently we are using Acrobat Reader 5.0.5 on our terminal servers with =
no problems, we would like to upgrade to 6.0 for some of the additional =
features such as email capability. Is anybody running 6.0 in a terminal =
server environment and have you encountered any issues??
=20
Thanks.
=20
Dave Rammer
Sheboygan County IS Dept
=20
XE Update 2 w/SP21 and J1 oneoff / Ent: HP9000 11i / Oracle 8.1.7.3 / =
App: W2K
Metaframe: W2K w/Citrix XP FR2
=20

We are running Acrobat Reader 6.02 with no problems at all...

Xe, Update6 SP22_S1
SQL2k SP2, WIN2k SP4
Metaframe XPe SP3

Re: RE: Abode Acrobat Reader 6.0

We are also running Acrobat Reader 6 with no problems.

Also running Adobe Reader 6 with 8.9. I would recommend taking away some of the unnecessary plugins for a TSE installation. A default full install will give you stuff you really don't need like video capabilities. The extra plugins also increase the amount of time it takes to load the reader for each user session. I've also noticed CPU spiking for each PDF being viewed.

A co-worker just forwarded this thread to me because of some issues we have with Adobe 6 and printing. We are running in an identical environment, using Adobe 6.0.

We have an issue with printing reports from OneWorld using Acrobat Reader 6 where the print job will pause every 3 pages (on an HP LaserJet 5si using the native printer driver). As a test, I installed AR 5.01 and had the user print the same report and it did process faster, but more importantly, it did not pause between pages. Also as a test, I printed a document from notepad using the same server and printer with no pauses.

It seems that others are not experiencing any problems, so any chance it is a driver issue? Any insight to this problem would be appreciated.

Beth

Beth,
Did you ever resolve the pausing of the printing? We installed Acrobat Reader 6.0 on one of our new terminal servers and we occasionally encounter the same pausing.

Thanks.

Dave Rammer
Sheboygan County

XE Update 2 with SP21_J1, HP-UX 11i, Oracle 8.1.7.3
Citrix MetaFrame XPa SP2/FR2

Back