Browsers

swallen

Does anyone know what browsers, besides IE are supported by PeopleSoft for the web client? Mozilla, Firefox, etc? I'd sure like to abandon IE. It has way to many security holes.

Since JDE client use JAVA, you can use every browser you want if you have
the JAVA Virtual Machine installed. On the other hand, just Internet
explorer is support by JDE.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s)or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally
privileged material. Delivery of this message to any person other than
the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive privilege
or confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of , or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.

For Translation:

http://www.baxter.com/email_disclaime

Well - Firefox is out of Beta now - and they recently release Version 1.0.

I'm using Firefox as my default browser now - and I LOVE IT ! Running against OneWorld is perfect - and the only problem I've seen so far is the fact the "history" search isn't part of the functionality, and, of course, no activex (which I really don't mind since activex seems to only be used nowadays for spyware and other crud). But it's made up with the search button as well as those beautiful tabs...!

By the way - NO POPUPS ! No Spyware !!! I love this browser - and I'm recommending everyone to try it !!!! Its open-source, and its cross platform - so it works darn well on everything !

Firefox is located at http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ for all those interested !

I've also had very good success with Opera for general use. Very configurable with the same good stuff as FireFox (popup blocking, password remembering "wand", etc.). Haven't tested it much for JDE/HTML however.

I downloaded the Firefox browser but the Peoplesoft HTML client runs extremely slow. Any config changes needed?

Today, we support both IE and Netscape for EnterpriseOne. However, we are changing our support policy. We are dropping support for Netscape, due to the fact that TimeWarner no longer supports Netscape. Not sure of our exact timing on that, but I know the wheels are in motion.

With EnterpriseOne Tools 8.94 (which GAs in about 2 weeks), we will be adding support for Mozilla on Linux and Safari on Apple Mac. Our current policy is to support only one browser per platform, but I am pushing as hard as I can to add Firefox for Windows.

With that said, I have used Firefox (and Opera) with EnterpriseOne. I have not encountered anything that doesn't work and actually did Demos at Connect running FireFox. So it works, but is not officially supported.

I've tried using Firefox on XE (SP22_S1) and some of the tabs were not displayed correctly. Even the log on screen doesn't look the same. Is this a config issue or does the support only works for B8.9?

Hi,

I've tried Mozilla 1.7.3 and Firefox 1.0.
I love them to surf on the web but unfortunately i cannot use them for JDE (we use XE, update 6, SP20 - R1) for the following problems :
- Once connected, you don't see the menus defined as your default connection menu. Completely blank .... (We use OneWorld explorer menus, not Solution Explorer tasks).
- When you're in a program (accessed by the fast path ...), all the buttons that you see in IE (image and when you click on it a menu is displayed) are replaced by the image of the button and on its right, a selection list with the text of the different options, but no link (when you select an option in the list, nothing happens) ...

As i read here that some are using FireFox, i'm a bit confused ...
Could it be a problem with the SP level ?
Or is there particular paramaters to set up somewhere ?

Let's be clear....Firefox, Mozilla or Opera on Windows are not officially supported. We do not validate them against E1.

I have tried to use Firefox against 8.10 only and was able to do enough to complete my web client demo. I did not see the issues you describe, but I only really use Address Book and GL in my demo.

What's unclear is why they are NOT "supported and validated against Enterprise One". Who's happy with IE (security)? Customers are obviously looking elsewhere for a better solution. It would be nice if PeopleSoft was at our side.

Actually Clark its perfectly clear.
"Support and validation" = $. Its not cheap.

Back