Object Librarian Copy R989861

gerd_renz3

VIP Member
Hi List,
does anyone know in detail how the Object Librarian Copy R989861 works?

We have an extra pathcode to test new ESUs, we call it GE9. We now refreshed this pathcode from PY9.
So we copied COPY9 over COGE9 and the respective \b9\py9 files on the DS over \b9\ge9.
We then executed R989861 on the deployment server, no errors were reported.
Now after building the first full package we noted that some object librarian records still exist for objetcs in GE9, that had been in GE9, only in GE9, before our copy. The objects themselves, some BSFNs, do not exist. Nor do they exist or ever existed in PY9.

I thought that R989861 would first erase ALL F9861 records with SIPATHCD='GE9' and then copy all records with SIPATHCD='PY9' over to GE9. Am I wrong? Does it work differently for objects that exist only in my target pathcode?

Thanks in advance, Gerd
We are on EO8.9 SP2_L1, AS400, WTS

Gerd,

I don't know in detail how R989861 works, but there is some documentation on the Process Options tab that corresponds with the behavior you are seeing. Here's part of the blurb from the PO tab:

"R989861 selects records from F9861 using the Machine Key (MKEY) and the Pathcode (PATHCD) fields, and adds to the table new records created by replacing the Current Pathcode name with the New Pathcode name in the selection, while maintaining the existing records."

Note the phrase "while maintaining the existing records". Sounds like you still need to use SQL Gerd.

Good Luck,

Yeah, I read that AFTER using the report. I guess it´s a bad old habbit not to read the instructions.
I used this report previously in other releases and I am quite positive that the behaviour was different then.
The easy workaround is to delete all target records and then run R989861.

Thanks Larry!

Gerd

Back