anyone installed SP23 yet?

aicila

Just wondering if anyonw has installed SP23 and if there were any known issues with it so far.

Our company installed SP23 and so far there have been no issues. The only problem we had was with our java generation for HTML following the full package build completed after the installation of SP23. We had to get on the phone with Peoplesoft in order to get the web back up and running.

OW XE SP23
ISeries 400
WebSphere 5.0

What was the problem you had with getting the web back up? This sounds like an issue to me.

Thanks,
DeRay Scholz
OW XE SP22
WIN2K
SQL2K

We received an error when opening applications that told us "Could Not Load Form. Please use latest java generator." I didn't mean to make it sound like it wasn't an issue but we saw the same error when we applied our last one-off to service pack 22 so we knew how to handle it. It had to do with a particular file that was out of date. Once we replaced it with the current file we regenerated and the errors went away.

This is from our Peoplesoft consultant who helped us with the issue:

Check the date of the jnigen.dll (5/11/2004) in the B7\system\bin32 directory (make sure there was only one file) and compare that with the date of the Generator.class file (12/12/2003) in the B7\system\Generator\WEB-INF\classes\com\jdedwards\runtime\generator
folder
on the Java Gen machine.

He says the dates should be close or exactly the same.

I am looking at applying Service Pack 23 here real soon. Our setup is as follows. We have a single AS.400 partitioned so thar PD is on one side(JDEPROD) and PY and DV on the other (JDETEST). WebSphere is running on JDEPROD side. I think I can handle the part of installing the service pack to the deployment server, then to the enterprise server(as/400), and then promoting it up through DV, PY, and lastly to PD, but when do I apply the service pack to the JAS Server?

You do NOT "promote" a service pack in the manner you are talking about.

If you have 2 LPAR's - you can install the service pack on the DV/PY partition - then later install it on the PD partition. However, clients and JAS Services that need to access the new service pack must all be installed AT THAT TIME.

I would NOT install SP23A1 myself. Instead I would wait at least until C1 or D1 before pushing any customer to the latest service pack. Base service packs always have had issues in the past...

Thanks for the advice. I think I will hold off until the C or D one off comes out. I need to reconfigure our Citrix environment first anyhow.

I would also like to know if anyone has trying implementing the new Version Security provided with SP23?

What issue did you experience with your generation after installing SP23? Which one off did you put down?

You should ALWAYS hold off until one-off C or D - I've always, ALWAYS stated this !

Those people that go to the initial releases are usually very advanced with their testing - or aren't members of JDEList and trust everything that software companies tell them !

Most of the latter group soon learn and become members of JDEList !!!

After installing SP23J_I1, the back button on the browser does not take the user to the previous menu while navigating through menus. I believe that would not be a problem if the hyperlinks with the path of menus navigated on top of the menus would allow the user to jump back to a previous menu up to his initial menu. So far, I've seen a user without Fast Path can't get back to his/her initial menu without the back button working properly. Anyone been thru this? Any suggestion to get it fixed?

strange... We are having this problem in SP23_B1 and we were told by JDE/PSFT/Oracle that they didn't have it in their SP23_I1 install and suggested us to upgrade. (which we are going to do next week)

But you are still experiencing problems with the menus? Did you log a call with peoplesoft for this? I wonder what they'll say...

Back