Roles assigned to tasks

msouterblight1

VIP Member
All,

What table holds the association of roles to tasks. What I am trying to do is apply a rold to a task and move that on through to other environments. Currently if we apply (or remove a role from) a task, that relationship is only good in the Evironment we made the change in.

Thanks,
Matthew

Matthew,

What version are you using???

As of 8.0 (I am not sure if Xe does it the same way) Variants to tasks, such as fine cut, are stored in the F9006 and F9006D tables.

Role Relationships are stored in the System Table F95921, but prior to 8.9 the Roles are defined thru UDC values. 8.9 and higher the Roles are stored in the F0092 and F00926 tables.

Hope this helps,

Andy

In my opinion the better way is to use report R98403 Version Copy Control Table.
Gigi

Your F9000-F9006 tables will be for roles. A point to remember is that role setup is environment specific, so you need to create the roles in one "master" environment and then copy these control tables up to all the other environments you want them in.

Mathew,
I think what you are looking for is in F9006, at least for EO8.9.
First column TDVARNAME would be your role, 7th column TDVARACTIVE will allow (Y) or disallow (N) that task for your role.
When you use P9864A to copy the task to different environments use the Task View Level option to copy. This is supposed (I cannot confirm this yet) to copy these lines to another environment.

Hope this helped, Gerd

Back