Clearing PrintQueue

rcandeo

Well Known Member
I need to remove old PDFs from my Printqueue file. Anyone can help me if there is a UBE that do this job?

Hi Robson,

I was faced with the same dillema and we ended up going with a script which runs on user login to resolve this.

Regards
Richard

Alexander Pastuhov used to have a utility called DeleteFilesOlderThan.exe that lets you schedule file deleteions. I don't know if it's still on his web sight or not, but it's worth a look. The utility works great.

Doesn't running R9861101 - Job Queue Purge remove PDFs that are older then a time frame you set? Or possible R01131P?
I run these two jobs monthly and leave 90 days worth of jobs out there for the users. I am under the impression that when you delete the job you delete the PDF, is this not true?
Thanks

I have in my system R9861101 like 'Job Control Status Master Calling UBE'. Is this correct to clear my print queue in the server?

Robson,
we found R9861101 on 8.93.B1. I am not sure if this UBE exists in your Xe version. If not, a good reason for you to plan an upgrade. ;-)

Gerd

Dear List,

The problem with this UBE (R9861101) is that it has to be run locally. I
would suggest you to prepare some scripts to run them in the Enterprise
Scheduler.

Regards

The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s)or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally
privileged material. Delivery of this message to any person other than
the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive privilege
or confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of , or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.

For Translation:

http://www.baxter.com/email_disclaime

Robson, do you need to this as an automatic process? If manually, I simply delete the jobs through the Work With Submitted Jobs screen and it removed files from the AS400. If that is not working for you, you can always use STRPDM and delete date ranges from the PrintQueue member.

Ryan Hunt

Hi Robson,
I've done something similar, a couple of months ago (please see my posts at that time).
A scheduled UBE launches a second one (needed when overriding the Data Source), that reads a UDC code (where UserIDs, and Retention Periods are), and clears the Queues.
The UBEs were built upon vanilla's model R9861101 - I've used its BSFN.
Other details are there, in the JDEList's archives.
Warm regards,

When you delete the job, it is supposed to delete the PDF. If the batch process dies in the middle of deleting records from the F986110 table, it will most often not remove the corresponding output in the PrintQueue. This is a good way to end up with orphan files that will never be removed by the R9861101 program. Once it is gone from the F986110, it will never remove those files from the filesystem again.

Working with the product for a while, I realized why this was happening. We only run the R9861101 overnight and usually only on weekends. This is because the program does some really evil stuff to the database, i.e. full table scan and consumption of lots of sort space. This happens in Oracle, but I can't speak on SQL or UDB. Any how, when the CNC person would come in the next day and find the job still running, they would terminate it before it completed successfully. That created the orphan files and the process was repeated several times. Sometimes the DBA would discover the sort space was all used up and that can be quite embarrassing. Just remember to blame JDE and you will be fine. :p

When I first investigated our PrintQueue situation, I found numerous files older than 6 months in there that should have been purged out. I also found this to be true on both of our NT batch servers. We've got a policy to keep the last three months worth of output plus the current month to date. In an organization that runs 10-12K jobs per day on the UNIX box and another 3-4000 on the NT batch servers, you can see how that can be a big drain on resources.

Hi,

There is UBE which when executed will purge all the old pdfs.

"JDELIST One World / XE Discussions" wrote:

I need to remove old PDFs from my Printqueue file. Anyone can help me if there is a UBE that do this job?
Robson Candêo
Placas do Paraná - Brazil
Xe, SP20, Update7, AS400.
To view this thread, go to: http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=74404

This is the JDELIST One World / XE Mailing List. To stop receiving these messages, login to http://www.jdelist.com/forums, click Control Panel, then click Edit by "Subscribe / Unsubscribe from receiving board posts by email, change message notifications, etc." and adjust your subscription preferences. JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®
Indiatimes Email now powered by APIC Advantage. Help!
HelpClick on the image to chat with me

If memory serves me - you are looking for R9861101 (which calls R9861102).

By default - the UBE is an all or nuthing cleanser. It will clean all
the ube's that meet the date ... Many clients replicate the *02 to
only delete the unnecessary stuff.

Daniel

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:27:25 -0500, hakeemjariwala

--
----------------------------------------
Daniel Bohner
ExistingLight, LLC
http://www.existinglight.net
[email protected]
mobile: 208.250.1917