Missing Version?

rhunt

Well Known Member
We have a report version that is available through one of our custom menus. However, when you try to look at the report in BV there are no versions. When you look at the report in OMW, it says object does not exist.

Any ideas?

The menu setup is not relective of what is available - it only checks to
see if that object exists when you create the menu option. Therefore, I
would probably bet that the version was available when the menu was created,
and since then has been deleted. It will still show on the menu, but will
not be available.
If that is not the case, be sure you are comparing the menu and OMW in the
same path code..OMW will only report the versions it sees for the pathcode
you are logged into...

Xe, Update6 SP19.1_B1
SQL2k SP2, WIN2k SP4
Metaframe XPe SP3

The versions probably exist in another environment/pathcode, check the
r983051 in their respective central objects databases..

Regards
Kieran Fitzgerald

You can look in table F983051 in Version - DV7333 (or PY7333 or PD7333) depending on the enviroment you've created the version. Is the version exists, in this tables maybe the user who created forgot to check-in. View the VRMKEY field, this is the machine were the version is. Try to check in.
If the version can be lost, if the machine you created the version (without checkout) has a full package after the version created.

Hope this help.

Thanks for the responses. I got it worked out. The version showed up in both PD7333DNT.F983051 and DV7333DNT.F983051 as available and not checked out. However, both OMW and batch version for both pathcodes said the object did not exist. The menu could, however, run the report...very wierd.

Anyway, I simply open the report from the menu, when to advance and choose to check the object out and check it back in. Now it shows up everywhere. Not sure what to say about that....

Thanks

Ryan

We also experienced versions launching from a menu, but not on the version list. We found the VLISTMODE value in the F983051 table was 20, rather than 2 for that version. Refer to SAR #7058301 for more details.

Back