OS/400 system values

fortylove

Hello List, we are having a few performance related problems with OneWorld and we are 100% current with the IBM APAR. I know performance is a very difficult thing to "nail down" but all I would like to know is, are you aware of any qsysval that are OneWorld and/or performance related. In addition would you please let me know what you have QJOBMSGQFL, QJOBMSGQMX, QJOBMSGQSZ, QJOBMSGQTL set to?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance, 40-love
OS/400 V5R2, xe, update 7, sp22, citrix

Well our settings are as follows:
QJOBMSGQFL *NOWRAP
QJOBMSGQMX 64
QJOBMSGQSZ 16
QJOBMSGQTL 24
We are on previous SP and OS to you (18.1 V5R1) but we haven't experienced any performance issues with these settings. What kind of performance problems are you having...?

You should also check the number of jobs you want active at one time and wrksyssts for mem/subsystem allocation.

In answer to your question, here are our set of system values for your list:

QJOBMSGQFL = *WRAP
QJOBMSGQMX = 64
QJOBMSGQSZ = 64
QJOBMSGQTL = 64

We recently upgraded to V5R1 then V5R2 from V4R5 and found that we experienced system degredation after the upgrade. Our research pointed out that the prestart jobs that used to be in QSERVER subsystem were now in being run in the QUSRWRK subsystem. This meant that all the settings we had for the prestart jobs did not carry over for the upgrade. This discovery seemed to make the most difference in performance.

We fixed this by resetting the prestart jobs per the tips and techniques document "AS/400® Prestart Jobs for OneWorld". I've attached it for your convenience. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• 74029-J.D.Edwards Tips & Techniques - AS400 Prestart Jobs.doc
    77.5 KB · Views: 396
Back