Force Check-In

gregzin

Hello,

I know it is possible to check-in an object that is not checked out, but after searching here and elsewhere I am unable to locate any instructions on how to do this. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Outside of using Object Librarian, the only way I know how to do this is by using the save location...

1. Save object you wish to check in to the save location.
2. Check object out (which overwrites your object locally)
3. Restore object from save location.
4. Check object in as normal.

To minimize the risk of losing your object, you may want to do steps 2, 3 & 4 from a different machine.

Good luck.

Thank-you Ken, in the instance where you have a Save Location setup that looks like a good solution. However, I know that if you have a workstation there is a way to force a check in of the object from that workstations specs, to overwrite the Central Objects...

You could of course do this by logging in to a different environment
on the machine that has the code you want to check in (that uses a
different path code, of course), checking the object out, and then
logging back into the original environment to check the object in.

--Scotti Whitmire
DeRoyal Industries
Xe, U6, SP22_E1, AIX 4.3.3, Oracle 8.1.7

The columns SISTCE in F9861(OL) and POOMWCHS and POOMWOST in F98222 (OMW) tell ERP an object's checkout status.

Find your object:

use JDE7334
select SIOBNM, SIMKEY, SISTCE
from OBJ7334.F9861
where SIOBNM='yourobjectname'

Change it to checked out

update obj7334.f9861
set SISTCE='3', simkey'yourmachinename'
where SIOBNM='yourobjectname'

update sys7334.f98222
set POOMWCHS=1, POOMWOST=03
where POOMWOBJID='yourobjectname'

Check it in from the machinename in the query.

Feel free to change the SQL statements to your enhanced and extended flavor of ANSI-92.

Hi,

To overwrite the central objects specs with the local spec of a fat client, when the object is not checked out, you can proceed like this :
(in my example, i will consider you want to copy the local specs in DV7333 to the central objects of DV7333)
- Create a save location, with DV7333 as source, and anyother environment as destination (for example pristine JD7333)
- With an sql editor, go to F98230 talbe (in System - B7333 data source) and find the record of the previous save location definition (where OMWSET = 20), and change the destination environment so it's the same as the source (so here, put DV7333 where was JD7333) and commit the change. (you have to modify this by sql because JDE doesn't allow to define a save selection with source=destination).
- Then, when you connect in DV7333 on your fat client, when you do a "SAVE" in OMW, it copies local specs to central objects, even it the object is not checked out.

(i use it often and it's work fine).

Hope this help.

Cheers,

Add the following to your jde.ini file after the Interactive Runtime stanza.

[OMW]
P9860_Object_Librarian=E
P98604_Object_Transfer=!
P98603_Promotion_Manager=M
PH9001_Workflow_Transfer=U
P9864A_Activera_Transfer=S
P9864_Record_Copy=O
R9830512_UBE_Version_Copy=W

Go to the machine that has the specs you want. Run object libriarian P9860 from fast path. In the grid enter the object name and find. Select object. On the second page type the machine name in the location field, pathcode (where you think the good specs are), '3' in status code, '0' in sar number, user id and date, click okay.

Hope this helps.

Patty

Hi Greg,

I had this problem before. There was a new package that didn't have the custom changes that we needed. All the clients had been updated to the new package but didn't have the custom changes. It just so happened that my PC had the custom changes.

Maybe this is a long way around but I setup another snapshot on my PC and installed the latest DV package. Did a checkout. Logged out of OneWorld. Changed my snapshot to the orignal OneWorld client and then checked it in.

I didn't have to do any database stuff. So if you're comfortable with using snapshot and you have the diskspace...this should work.

Kevin

If you put this in the proper order you will see that someone is sending a message:

Hint; Look after the = sign.

[OMW]
PH9001_Workflow_Transfer=U
P9864A_Activera_Transfer=S
P9860_Object_Librarian=E
P9864_Record_Copy=O
P98603_Promotion_Manager=M
R9830512_UBE_Version_Copy=W
P98604_Object_Transfer=!

Brother

That's funny. I do use OMW but Object Librarian comes in handy from time to time.

Patty

Back