Upgrade to 8.9

mheinbigner

Has anyone done the upgrade from OneWorld Xe to EnterpriseOne 8.9? What issues did you run into at a high level? Was it your first upgrade? Did you use internal or external resources to implement the upgrade? How long did it take? What level of Customization are you at (High,Med,Low)?

Thanks for the information,
Mike

I've done 3 upgrades to 8.9 and one new install on 8.9. For either make sure that you have the Dec 2003 CD's. Also make sure you have the Dec 2003 manual and all the current Planner's and TC ESU's.

If you haven't done many upgrades I would recommend having a consultant either help you plan it or actually do it. Either way make sure you ask for help sooner rather than later. I've spend the last free months cleaning up other botched 8.9 upgrades. The problem is not the 8.9 software or the manual.....it's the prep work that you have to do that is not documented.

Whatever you choose make sure you educate yourself on the differences with 8.9. It's a great release but you need to take the time to educate yourself on the differences.

Colin

Back