JAS BSFN mappings

shearerj

Reputable Poster
I have implemented a BSFN server for JAS along with two UBE servers (Primary and HR) and have encountered several issues.

Problem 1. Users are unable to submit UBE's versions created in the JAS environment:
Solution 1. B98305V must mapped to the same server where the UBE is being submitted.

Problem 2. If UBE's are OCM mapped to different servers within the same environment (i.e. HR has a dedicated server), the B98305V can only be mapped to support creation of versions on one UBE server. That means the payroll department can only create HR versions or non-HR verions. They cannot be mapped to create both type of versions.
Solution 2: Unresolved. Workaround, HR UBE's are mapped to the primary UBE server.

Problem 3. Payroll BSFN's spawn the UBE's for the some payroll processes. The UBE's are spawned on the same server where BSFN's are mapped. With all other Payroll UBE's running on a different server multi-threaded issues can occur.
Solution 3: Unresolved.

Other than reworking the architecture (which is the interim solution) does anyone know how to resolve issues 2 and 3?

Jeremy,

Here is a suggestion, though I have not tried it and I don't know of anyone who has. You could create a another environment for HR exactly the same as the production environment in all respects, except you change the OCM mappings to solve you problems. This carries some possibly nasty side effects. One of which is that, depending on various circumstances, users may have to log on and off to switch environments.

I hope this helps, if not directly, then it may point you in an interesting direction to solve your issues. I'd be interested on your thoughts anyway.

Thanks for the thoughts Peter. However I don't believe the side effects would be palatable.

Problem 2: I agree that forcing users to run certain UBE's in one environment and the remainder in other would be too complicated for the user community.

Problem 3: This solution still would not solve the issues where BSFN's in the JAS environment spawn UBE's on the server where the BSFN is mapped.

Back