JDE User getting Disabled on AS400

MagarG

MagarG

VIP Member
We had this pop up twice in the last two weeks and when it happens users get locked out of OneWorld. The user profile JDE on the AS400 is getting disabled due to the max signon attempts being reached.

We get this in the log:

QZSOSIGN QUSER 444661
CPF1393 70 INFO
Subsystem QUSRWRK disabled user profile JDE on device *N.

I'm not sure how it's happening because usually disabled messages appear as:

Subsystem QINTER disabled user profile USERID on device SUSERIDA1

and are triggered by invalid password logon attempts through a terminal session.

Anyone seen this?

Grant

Did you update your service pack from SP22F1 recently to a newer one ?

Nope, but after a couple more errors we just found it.

There was a user out there who couldn't log in. After typing in their valid id/ password they would get a windows dialog box prompting them for the system id/password. After each cancel it would register an invalid attempt on the JDE id.

The user still couldn't log in. We ended up changing the system password attached to the userid in OneWorld and they are know back to normal. How this system password would get corrupt for 1 user is still a mystery.

Thanks, Grant.

Grant, I always recommend my clients NOT to use JDE as system user, rather create a new database user with sufficient access rights. This is for reasons like the one you experienced and for situations when PSFT asks to reset all passwords to original values, like in case of an upgrade. In that case JDE would not be bound to anything else.
A potential hacker also may try to break in with the JDE user. Therefore I even restrict this user´s system access rights.

My two centavos, Gerd

Thanks, we changed the default password but creating a separate user is probably a better option like you said.

gm.

Back