reopen closed purchase order

AngVictor

Hello All,
I am being asked to determine if there is a way to prevent a purchase order from being re opened or added on to after all of the lines have been closed. The person/persons that set up the purchase orders initally are no longer with the company and I do not have alot of experience with pos. Could someone give me a few ideas or things to check for. I can't imagine that there isn't a way of preventing this.

With sales orders, after all of the lines are closed the Header goes to a history file so you can no longer add lines on. I've gone back into po's from 2001 and added on to them and the lines reopen. Does it sound like we are missing something in set up?[crazy]

Thanks,
Angie
Xe B7333 Svc Pack 21, Update4
SQL

Did you ever get an answer to this? We have the same need, and I haven't been able to find a way to prevent a PR from being added to or changed after it's been converted to a PO. Similar situation as yours, with a twist.

You may benefit from posting this on the Forum for Applications. It is a Business issue... Under what logic is it OK to add a new LIne to a PO and when is it not OK? This is different for every Business. Would it be by some kind of age analysis?

Each PO Line has its own Status code is effectively and independent demand for goods or services. Such PO's can be used as Blankets Orders to further complicate matters.

To manage this there is change control functionality within the application. Look at the Processing Options to P4310. You can track every change made. There is also a feature called "Base Order Protection" that prevents changes to the original issue of the PO.

When you move from Xe to EO8.9 I believe the functionality becomes more sophisticated such that you can elect for the PO line to become unapproved when certain changes are made. This may not be helpful if the users are adding new lines of course.

No I have not. I am doing some testing this week myself to see if I can
figure anything out. If not I think I will log a case with JDE and see
what their response it.

Angie Victor
Systems Technical Analyst
Tyco Fire Products
215-362-0700 x.438

Back