Project Inheritance

gautam

Dear All,

Some time I am facing problem to migrate project from one status to other and getting error " Project Inheritance" and detail is like that " this object is modified under another project so status will not be changed"

So please advoice me to short out such problem. Right now I am searching Projects related to objects and moving it out from that particular project, but this process is too time consuming.

Please help me.

Thanks.
Gautam

Dear Friends,

I am still looking for a permanet solution for my above problem.

Please help me.........

The dirty solution is to perform a 'Check out' at the project level and then a 'Check In' at the project leve.

Beware, these defeats the OMW controls and could allow you to move untested code into production. Worse, it could allow you to move some of the objects in an ESU, without moving the complete ESU.

I usually get this error when a user makes a Vocab Overrides (the object is checked out to users default project). I make the change by SQL

update OL7333/F9861 set SIMODCMT = 'PROJCECTXXX' WHERE SIPATHCD = 'DV7333' and SIOBNM in ('P17500', 'P17501', 'P17504' )

It looks like the table F98222 in the system data source has the projects and objects in it. you can search for the object using UTB

Jean,
is true that F98222 Holding the project and Object . in such case what to do.

Can I remove through SQL??

Welcome for your suggetions.

What is the status of the project, can you use OMW to delete it from the project? I would go that route if possible. If you do use SQL to delete the record, before just deleting it from the table, insert that record into another file to save it.

Jean Driscoll
AS/400(V5R2) Co-existent Xe SP22, Update 7/A73Cum12
WWW.JDETips.com

OMW logging should point to which object/objects are being highlighted as being inherited. In attempting to promote the project it determines that the associated project (i.e. the one associated by inheritance) should also be promoted. You need to find the offending objects and drop the tokens in the associated project to allow you to promote as required.

Back