Undefined Componenets

pianosynth

Reputable Poster
I've been getting some errors on WTS and Fat client installations for some time, but haven't noticed anything adverse with the installations. The errors appear during the 'Finding Installed Components' phase of the installation. I've tried checking around some INIs and INFs to see if I find anything, but I'm stumped. I've attached a FAT client JDEINST.LOG. Any help pinpointing the cause of these errors will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 71107-jdeinst.log
    3.7 KB · Views: 108
The errors are probably old packages that you still have package.inf files for. I would not worry about them. The errors I think actually come up when the setup program goes to look for which packages to display. Do you delete packages through the package assembly program or do you go directly to the directory and delete them?

Thanks, Jean. I delete the old pkgs through the Package Assembly, but can't vouch for the procedure my fellow CNC/Developer uses. Further investigation shows that where I have only the Production objects installed, I'm not getting the errors and the installation runs about 5 times faster. I'll definitely be re-intalling production without the development objects. I guess I'll just live with it on our dev citirx boxes and FAT clients.

If you are worried about the speed of loading Oneworld, that 'Searching for Components' is slowed down by any antivirus software being active. For Symantic, you have to go into Control Panel/Services and stop the service in order to speed up that part of the process. Development objects should only be loaded on PC's for developers or package builders, everyone else is fine with Production objects.

Jean Driscoll
AS/400(V5R2) Co-existent Xe SP22, Update 7/A73Cum12
WWW.JDETips.com

Back