Can you have

tgore

tgore

Reputable Poster
I know in World you can specify any number of library lists (e.g. SPCLOBJ, CUSTOMOBJ, JDFOBJ). My Pristine programs are compiled to JDFOBJ. My custom to CUSTOMOBJ and emergency fixes to SPCLOBJ. The libraries will be searched in that order when a job is executed.

Can the same thing be cccomplised in OW or does everything have to exist in PD7333? This is being brought to light because of Sarbanes-Oxley. Emergency fixes "are not fully tested", therefore they should not be put in the production library. They should be kept separate until fully tested. Then and only then can they be moved to PROD.

Thanks

Tom,
The AS400 library lists don't really work the same way in the One World world.
Using OCM you point at a particular table (file, database, etc.) and you use that one. It doesn't really have a fall-down effect that a library list allows you to have.
Typically, you develop and test in DV, promote to PY to test & then promote to PD to get it into production and usually have different library's that are pointed at during each step.

Thanks. That's how I thought it worked. The auditors were looking to see if multiple production libraries were available (like in World on an AS400). I said I didn't think so, but they wanted additional confirmation.

Tom,
I am not saying you cannot have objects pointed to multiple or different libraries. You can. The point I was making is that on an AS400 a library list may have the same-named object multiple times and the one that is used is the first found in the list of laibraries.
Using OCM you point at a particular database or file.

environment = path code + OCM's to data libraries. You can create as many production environments as you wish, using the same PD7333 path code. We've created an archive environment using the production path code, plus most of the production OCM's + specific OCM's for the tables we have archived. I've got an article on creating environments that is found on www.jdetips.com. You can look in the environment application (P0094) to determine which environments you have.

Back