Web SAW : how to set up SAW ADMIN user rights ?

antoine_mpo

Reputable Poster
Hi List,
We use Xe html.
I often use the web saw to see some information about the enterprise server (using the url http://webserver:port/saw/sawent.html, and then put the name and port of the enterprise server).
In this web page, you can see process, disk usage, log files and you have "ini files".
When you select ini files, there is a web page "SAW ADMIN user rights" where are requested a user and a password.
When i try with any JDE users, i have a message saying this user don't have saw admin rights.

My question is :
Does anyone knows how to set up the rights to access this web page ?

Thanks.

Antoine.
OW system administrator.

Hi there,

The only thing you need to do is setup redundant security.
Go through P00950 and select External Call Security, then configure the following:

User/Systemm Role: your user
executable: SERVERADMINISTRATIONWORKBENCH.EXE
menu: GH9011

Make sure you move it from the unsecured node to the secured node and the Run Security check box is not marked, so that the RUN column gets set to Y.

It will Work through http://webserver/jde/owhtml/saw/sawent.html

Good Luck

Hi Juan,

I tried what you told me, but i still can't access the ini files via html saw (still the message saying i don't have saw admin rights to perform this action).

Did i miss something ?

Thanks,

Cheers,

Antoine.
System Administrator.

Try to reset the server cache for the RunTime Security Check box (Work With Servers). Additionaly I went through the application P95921 and I gave to my user the role JDE096 (System Administrator).

Let me know how you did.

Hi Juan,

I tried to reset the server cache for Security, and i the Administrator Role to my user ... Unfortunately, i still don't have the SAW Admin User Rights ...
Any other idea ?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Antoine.
OW system Administrator.

Hi all,
I found this security setting when I was setting up the portal. I added the following to the jas.ini then bounced webshpere and now I am able to get in to that section.
[PORTALCONFIGURATION]
admin=xxxxx-your user id.

Thanks Teri

Hi Teri,

I modified the jas.ini as you said and restarted the web instance but still can't access the section !

I saw this paramater in the guide of SP20 for jas server, but i didn't find very clear what it was suppose to do.

Any other things to try ?

Thanks,

Antoine.
OW System Administrator.

Hmmm I had the same issue that you are having, the only changes that I made was to add the following section to the JAS.ini and in Security Workbench I added View all folder for Portal Security to myself. I was then verifying that all the other web functionality when I noticed I could get to that section now.
JAS.ini
[PORTALCONFIGURATION]
#System property for the data migration utility.
DataMigrationHasOccurredXeSP21=true

admin=xxxxxxx
servlet=H:\Program Files\JDEdwards\JAS\EA_JDEdwards_1.ear\webclient.war\classes
jde=H:\Program Files\JDEdwards\JAS\EA_JDEdwards_1.ear\webclient.war
backup=H:\Temp\backup
ShowCurrentEnvironmentROle=FALSE
ShowSignin=TRUE
corplogourl=/jde/owportal/images/fleetwoodlogo_bar.gif
corplogolinkurl=www.fleetwood.com
DefaultWorkspace=ACTFOUND
DefaultWorkspaceOnly=FALSE
ForceDefaultWorkspace=TRUE

If that does not do it, i'm not sure what changed to get it working here.

Hope that helps
Teri

I believe I have figured this out. Open an IE window and then log into the owportal as the admin account, go to the admin workspace. Then open another IE windows and go to saw, view the ini, log in with the same user that you used to get into the owportal admin workspace. It must be inheriting the user rights from the owportal. I am not sure why it would not use the jas.ini. Anyway let us all know if that works for you.

Thanks
Teri

Hi Teri,

Thanks for all your help in that matter !!
But Unfortunately, it still doesn't work.
But anyway i discover the owportal adress, which i didn't know !!
When i access to the url http://webserver:port/jde/owportal, and connect with the user i define with "admin" in the jas.ini, i can indeed access the "Admin Workspace", but when i open another windows and try to see ini files ... still the same bloody message !! :)

As you are in SP22, and me in SP20, do you think that this functions doesn't work (like SMC, which exist in SP20 but can't be used) ?

Thanks,

Cheers,

Antoine.
OW system Administrator.

Antoine,
We are on SP22_A1. I know if sounds weird but try typing your
user name in uppercase and the password in lower case when trying to
access the jde.ini from sawent.

Did you also know about the websaw? You can monitor you web servers it
is just jde/saw

Thanks
Teri

Teri Fall
XE Sp22 Upd7 HPUX, WTS, WEB, Fat

Antoine,
We are on SP22_A1. I know if sounds weird but try typing your user name in uppercase and the password in lower case when trying to access the jde.ini from sawent.

Did you also know about the websaw? You can monitor you web servers it is just jde/saw

Thanks
Teri

Back