Media Objects Security

gerd_renz3

VIP Member
Hi All,
we are having a problem visualizing the clips that indicate attachments in "Customer Ledger Inquiry". When we mouse-click on the clip next to the column headers the clips are supposed to show, but they don´t. When we click on the clip field next to the grid line we know an attachment is supposed to be, it does open.
For at least one user this works teh way we think it should.
Questions: is there anything like Media Objects Security I might not be aware of? What other reasons may there be for the clips not to appear? Is there anything like an "owner" to media objects? There is no security on the DS for the MO folder.
I have to confess that I know very little about MOs.
Any help is appreciated.
We are running EO8.9, SP2 on AS400 with WTS clients.

Thanks, Gerd

Como vai Gerd?

How goes your 8.9 go-live? Well I hope. Here's a thought for your post question. Take a look at the RES folder on your WTS servers. Make sure that the paperclip Icon is in there. I had some issues last week with an incomplete RES directory coming down when I installed my package. I saw lots of missing icons in the application. I copied in a good RES directory from a different pathcode and fixed the problem. Boa sorte!

Gregg Larkin
Praxair, Inc.
North American PeopleSoft
Enterprise One System Administrator

Thanks for the answer, Gregg.

I don't think it's a missing icon issue. The clip actually does appear on other screens. I suspect it could be that the application does not work the way we expect it to work.

Going live on 8.9 went exceptionally well. It was finance only, so far. Had a few minor security issues. I'll comment on that in another thread.

Thanks, Gerd

Gerd,

I don't know of any Security on Media Objects per se. Theoretically you could have security on F00165 (the table that hold MOs) or on KCO, DOC, DCT, SFX which are the key fields for the Customer Ledger MO, but then you would be having more troubles with the APPL itself.

The one person not having problems.... is he on a full client? I have seen where WTS clients have trouble with displaying the icon when hovering over the column headers. If, while in WTS, you go in the MO and exit, do you get the paperclip then? I think the first step is to divide and conquer - namely find out what works on the full client versus what works on WTS versus the JAS server. Another tack might be to login other machines using the login of the user that MOs work for and see if this is user based (I would be surprised).

Ben

You should be able to just hover over the diamond at the top of the column that shows a paper clip and all of the paper clips should show.

We've had weird issues with attachments since we moved over to Xe a couple of years ago. For us it would be workstation specific. You could sign onto this workstation with any user id and in the Address Book, you could see the paper clip, and you could add notes, but then you could not view them afterwards. We tried unloading/reloading OW. JDE never did help us come up with a cure. That problem was all applications on a specific workstation. Then recently we were having similar problems with a Job cost application, but they came out with an ESU to fix that one.. So hopefully your problem is also application specific and PS has a fix for you.

Back