WebSphere Installation

kcsimo

[frown] I have been attempting to get Websphere 4.0.5 up on a development server. From IBM, I got 4.0.1 and also from a JDE list member the link to the Fixpack 5 for Websphere Advanced Server. When I installed that, I had to make some decisions:
Use the Application Server JDK (yes/no)? YES
Update iPlanet web server configuration for support by WebSphere (yes/no)? NO
Perform update of the IBM HTTP Server (yes/no)? YES
Install / Update Connector Architecture for WebSphere (J2C) (yes/no)? NO
Perform update of the Apache web server (yes/no)? No - (Didn't Install It)
Use the Application Server Logs directory (yes/no)? YES

Also, I downloaded the SP2 ver of the Microsoft JDBC drivers and installed the 3 need files, msbase.jar, mssqlserver.jsr and msutil.jar in
C:\WebSphere\AppServer\lib\app

I also modified the Websphere admin.conf and the IBM HTTP Server C:\IBM HTTP Server\conf\admin.conf & http.conf files. to include the ServerName and path statements and other settings.

I also created the ejsadmin local user on the Websphere server and on another MS-SQL Box I created the WAS40 database with the ejsadmin user as DBO.

I've tried installing the Fixpack 5 both ways - One with Install / Update Connector Architecture for WebSphere (J2C) (yes/no)? set to YES. In this case it seems that the JDK was not correctly updated but Websphere Services DID come up. I re-installed the entire Websphere from the Base CD of 4.0.1 and then did the Fixpack with Install / Update Connector Architecture for WebSphere (J2C) (yes/no)? set to YES set to NO. In this case, it looks like the JDK was updated but now the logs say:

************* End Display Current Environment *************
[4/7/04 10:37:13:203 PDT] 1ce90610 Server U Version : 4.0.5
[4/7/04 10:37:13:203 PDT] 1ce90610 Server U Edition: Advanced Edition for Multiplatforms
[4/7/04 10:37:13:203 PDT] 1ce90610 Server U Build date: Fri Nov 22 00:00:00 PST 2002
[4/7/04 10:37:13:218 PDT] 1ce90610 Server U Build number: ptf50246.04
[4/7/04 10:37:13:921 PDT] 1ce90610 ORBRas W com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.Util Util P=433437:O=0:CT JORB0012: Pass by reference has been set to: true (NoLocalCopies = true)
[4/7/04 10:37:16:765 PDT] 1ce90610 DBMgr F SMTL0026E: Failure to create a data source: java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]Specified owner name 'EJSADMIN' either does not exist or you do not have permission to use it.
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.createException(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processErrorToken(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processReplyToken(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSExecuteRequest.processReplyToken(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processReply(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerImplStatement.getNextResultType(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseStatement.commonTransitionToState(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseStatement.postImplExecute(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseStatement.commonExecute(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseStatement.executeUpdateInternal(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BaseStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
at com.microsoft.jdbcx.base.BaseStatementWrapper.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)

Kind of at my wits end on this and JDE has NOT at all been helpfull. They say to try RE-installing. But I've done that 4 times already.
ISSUE:

Attachments

• 70655-NLS Websphere Logs.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 75
The very first line of the Activity log says:

Specified owner name 'EJSADMIN' either does not exist or you do not have permission to use it. Complete the following to debug this problem:

1. Verify that EJSADMIN exists as a SQL user account on VW1DIT007.dfxiit.com.
2. Verify that the EJSADMIN account has DBO rights to the was40 database on VW1DIT007.dfxiit.com.
3. Reset the line in the admin.config file to the appropriate <Clear text> password for the EJSAdmin account. When the admin service starts, it will reencrypt the password.

com.ibm.ejs.sm.adminServer.dbpassword={xor}aRluOzZsag0=
-to-
com.ibm.ejs.sm.adminServer.dbpassword=ESJADMINPASS

I suspect one of these steps will resolve your problem.

Jeremy - Thanks a million! Your analysis was correct as I discovered when I asked the DBAs to actually SHOW me what they did. I do NOT have the rights to create accounts or databases as we have a very compartmentalized DBA organization here. What the DBA actually DID was to create the SQL login ejsadmin and then use that account to create the database WAS40. What therefore happened is that the WAS40 database was created with one user called DBO and its login was ejsadmin. So we dropped the database and then used the SA account to create WAS40. SA then created the user account ejsadmin with DBO rights and then, voila, the Websphere services then came up. DO I need to reset that password line in the admin.confg file back to the UN-encrypted original line every time I shut down the Websphere services?

No problem.

Concerning the password, reseting it to clear text was only a step for debugging. You should not have to do that again, unless you change the password of EJSADMIN.

hello, why do you have to put this jdbc's files in the
C:\WebSphere\AppServer\lib\app

Back