Records missing from F00165

wdpatow2

We have recently discovered that about 34,000 records were deleted from our F00165 table in one day. To the best of our knowledge, this has never happened before, and we didn't do it on purpose. The userid that removed them is jdeb7333. Does anyone know how this could happen?

Thanks,
Bill

AIX, Oracle 9i, B7332, SP20, Citrix

Hi
You didn't run a Workflow purge? I know that is meant to remove records from the F00165

Thanks
Kieran

Re: RE: Records missing from F00165

We had a similar problem where records would mysteriously disappear from F00165. We store Media Objects on a server besides our DS. Turns out that the storage server was having intermittant problems with the SAN and, whenever the SAN was unavailable and someone tried to view the attachments, the record was removed from F00165. We scheduled a UBE to make a backup of F00165 into a custom table until we could get the SAN problems resolved. Works pretty well...

We haven't run any purges and we lost 34,000 records in a single day. We only have about 100 users and I don't think they could have accessed that many media objects in a single day. There is a strange coincidence however, the number of records lost is almost equal to the number of media objects on our file server. We are doing a restore to determine what records were deleted to see if we can somehow correlate it.

Thanks,
Bill

We lose these all the time. We also download attachments weekly and users cut and paste them back. JDE has no idea.

RE: RE: Records missing from F00165

Thanks. Do you think your issue is caused by objects being accessed when
the file server is down, or is there yet another problem?

-Bill

We figured it out. There's a custom version of the R01131P that's running monthly and purging temporary records. Once we coordinated the exact time of the deletions it was easy to determine what was running at the time.

Thanks for all the help.

-Bill

Back