TSE Licenses for Citrix on Win 2K

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
[mad]

Is anyone having issues with TSE providing client licenses for their Citrix users on Win 2k.

We are having many instances where our users are not able to login because they cannot get a TSE licenses. None of my Citrix servers are member servers therefore I cannot install TSE licenses service on them. I have them in the registry pointing to what I was told was the licenses server however my clients still is unable to connect.

The even log simply says: The terminal server cannot issue a client license.

Any info will be helpful.....I have review all the Microsoft KG documents and have passed them to my server folks.

What is the OS of the clients workstations? If they are anything before win2k pro (such as 95, 98, or ME) you will have to remove the registry entry related to MSLicensing. Those olders OS's are granted a 90day license. If you remove that entry a new one will be created next time they attach to the citrix server. However in 90 you will have to do it again.

All the users are Win2K....Networking finally figured out which server was running the licenses and added it ot the thse license manager on the Citrix Servers. So we'll see what happens in the next few weeks.

Back