re: JAS on LINUX?

barole

re: JAS on LINUX?

Has anyone implemented websphere 4 on Linux (i.e JDE J.A.S) as a thin clent
solution to farm
out JDE Edwards ERP8 application to users?
I could only see that JAS is only supported on windows, RS600, AS400 and
SUN,

Thanks
Bemi Arole

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of Notting Hill Housing Group.

This email and any data attached with it is confidential and intended Solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error please contact Notting Hill Housing Group immediately and permanently delete it.

Notting Hill Housing Group
Grove House
27 Hammersmith Grove
London
W6 0JL
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)20 8357 5000
Fax: +44 (0)20 8357 5299
Email: [email protected]
WWW: http://www.nottinghillonline.com

To learn how you can support us please visit us at:
http://www.nhfoundation.org.uk

Yes

I am working on a whitepaper regarding this, and plan to hold a presentation at Quest Global regarding the use of Linux as a websphere server.

The initial answer is YES ! It runs MUCH faster than any other Java Websphere platform out there ! In comparison to AIX, Linux runs almost 5 times faster and 5 times more scalable for a LOT less cost ! This was tested using the latest version of Redhat.

How does the Linux compare to a similarly equipped Windows Websphere server?

It flat out beats it !

I have uploaded the whitepaper "Quest 2004 Presentation Handout - Installation of OneWorld JAS on Linux" to my website.

This also provides some preliminary performance analysis - though the analysis is NOT reliable as of yet since it would have to be ratified by Peoplesoft. However, it shows you how to install OneWorld JAS under Linux.

Back