Solution Explorer questions

msouterblight1

VIP Member
We just performed our 8.9 upgrade, and I have a few questions about solution explorer.

1. When we log in to DV, the home page is displayed, we can't get to anything from the fastpath. We have to go into a view first, then the fast path works fine. Is there a way to fix this?

2. How do I default a user to a task? I know I can enter the info in the INI, but what about the JAS users??

3. Is there an easy way to convert the task structure into task views? For example, is there an easy way to convert the G task into a corresponding task view? I know I can right click on existing tasks and then click send to, but on the larger ones, I get memory errors.

As you can see, I am new to this, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PDF attached Re: Solution Explorer questions

attached is the solution explorer documentation. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet perhaps it might be useful to us.

Attachments

• 70537-ERP9_Solution_Explorer.pdf
    626.1 KB · Views: 203
1 and 2 of 3 Re: Solution Explorer questions

1. When we log in to DV, the home page is displayed, we can't get to anything from the fastpath. We have to go into a view first, then the fast path works fine. Is there a way to fix this?

Change jde.ini setting to be:

[EXPLORER]
ExplorerStart=TASK

2. How do I default a user to a task? I know I can enter the info in the INI, but what about the JAS users??

Solution Explorer Term :

A URL for which the contents first appears when the user launches the Solution Explorer. You can set the URL by configuring the jde.ini file as shown below. In this example, the home page is configured to display the J.D. Edwards Portal.

[EXPLORER]
JASWebServer = "toolsjass1"
JASPortalURL="http://toolsjass1/jdeowportal"
JASForceEnv=
ExplorerHomeURL="toolsjass1/jde/portal"
ExplorerStart=TASK

You can also configure the home page to display the last task that the user viewed by setting ExplorerStart=task. To define a specific task view, set ExplorerStart=task:1234, where 1234 is the task view identifier.

3 of 3 Re: Solution Explorer questions

3. Is there an easy way to convert the task structure into task views? For example, is there an easy way to convert the G task into a corresponding task view? I know I can right click on existing tasks and then click send to, but on the larger ones, I get memory errors.

Run R9000C to convert OneWorld custom menus into a task view in the Solution Explorer.

Back