Porttest SQLServer

ACHE4

Hi everybody

We're performing our first installation. After installing the DS everything looks OK but, after installing the ES, we cannot run the Porttest succesfully.

The error message is :

Initializing Environment DV7333...
Initialization of environment failed - rcode = 0
(Doesn't matter the env, all of them return an error)

Any idea to start troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance

Ache

DS Windows 2000 Pro SP4
ES Windows 2000 Adv.Server SP4 SQL Server 2000 SP3a
OneWorld Xe

Hey DO you have your Security server defined in the Jde.ini of your enterprise server...

Run porttest with service down and security commented out)
If you are running your porttest with service started make sure your security server is define....

I hope that helps

Hi
I tried what you suggested but it doesn't work.In the JDE.LOG I got the error message

" JDB1100003 - Failed to initialize environment due to obsolete JDE.INI file"

I'm saving the JDE.INI file in C:\JDEdwardsOneWorld\ddp\B7333\system\bin32. Is it right?

Thanks
Ache

Ache,
the server´s JDE.INI file should be a copy of \\DEPLOYMENT\B7333\hosts\IntelNT\YOUR-ES\JDE.INI .
Check if this is the case.
Yes, the server´s INI file should reside in the system\bin32 folder.
Gerd

Hi one question I hope you are on the desktop of the enterprise server when you are doing this and not trying to do it over a remote control software specially Terminal server and all...

When you do a porttest, any errors are usally listed in a log file in the C:\JDEdwardsOneWorld\ddp\B7333\system\logs directory. These log usally give you an explicit error message that tells you what your problem is.

Be sure your JDE.INI has the line in the [Debug] section that says LogErrors=TRUE.

Good luck

One item to check would be to make sure you are using an account with local admin rights to the machine that the services are running on where your running porttest.

I also am having the same issue. I have followed the instructions from the various posts but still cannot get my port test to pass.

hey could you put your jde.log file fom your nterprise server here we can lookinto it and find the reason...

Make sure your domain account and service accounts have admin rights to the box. The service account (login name) that your using to your start your services needs to be a member of the local admin group on that server in addition it also needs to be a member of the domain admins group.

The porttest command cannot be issued from any remote sessions without getting an error (although there may be some remote software out there that will allow it) I know TS does not allow you to run porttest. I had to issue the command from the console logged on as a domain admin member.

You may also need to uninstall/re-install services if you make this change to your services. I would try using the domain admin account first. Again make sure it is a member of the local admins and domain admins too. As long as your services are running as a local system account it will not work. At least it didn't on our system.
Give that a try and let me know if that works.

We just went through this problem last year with RUNUBE not working remotely. Our solution there was to call the RUNUBE program locally on that same server from another program in addition to making the service account changes.

Win2K - SQL2000 Xe Update7

Back