W or J environment for WTS

jaisejames

Well Known Member
Hello All,

I just did a brand new install of ERP 8.9 and while I chose WTS environment only during the install its only showing J enviroment and not W environment... Technically J and W both are WAN environment and would not matter much , But In the past in all my install for WTS we had W environment... Has this been changed in Erp8.9 I know we still have J enviroment for JAS server....

The J environment is the only environment for WTS/HTML in 8.9.

Richard
EnterpriseOne, 8.9, Unix, Oracle, Citrix, HTML
OneWorld Xe B7332, Windows, SQL
OneWorld 7.321, AS/400, Citrix
World

Jaise,
I asked this exact same question here on the List a few weeks ago.
Looks like the W environments really are taken away from EO8.9. The manual suggests that you use Js for both, WTS AND Java, but it´s not quite clear.
I'm still curious to find out.

Gerd

Well I must say... This ERp8.9 is really badly documented... there are so many new process they have included with no explanantion as to how to go about and use them... and unfrtunately the helpdesk at peoplesoft is also no yet trained on these new functionality....
Will keep on researchign tilll I find the right answer.. thanks for you help though....

We have been using the J environment for both HTML and Citrix for several
months now. There is no W environment in 8.9. Since both the W and J
environments had Uses mapped to the application server there is no need for
both. Why PS picked J is anyone's guess.

Richard
EnterpriseOne, 8.9, Unix, Oracle, Citrix, HTML
OneWorld Xe B7332, Windows, SQL
OneWorld 7.321, AS/400, Citrix
World

Re: RE: W or J environment for WTS

Hi Richard,

You wrote: "Why PS picked J is anyone's guess."

J is for Java. W is for Windows terminal server. I suppose C would have been the convention for Citrix if they went that far......

Back