environment

ekben

Well Known Member
i know path code and ocm made up of environment. can anyone out there tell me what actually this environment and any layman term to explain? any example to this environment?

what is the relationship between environment and data source?

NOPE. I am using JDE now. Still new to it. If you want to help, you are welcome to else jus ignore.

Here is what I use to explain the mystery known as CNC to the unknowing.
- You have Foundation Code or ServicePacks that can be described as being like the Operating System on a Windows Box.
- Then you have Versions which are like MSOffice -Word or Excel, they contain the PROGRAMS that you run.
- Finally you have the data or the Tables that contain the data. Like your Documents or Worksheets in MSOffice.
All three of these are wrapped together and are called an Environment.

The Different Environments may share the Foundation Code and the Data could even be shared across environments. Just like you could use WordPerfect to open documents created by Word.

Did I help or make it worse?

What is your first language ? My guess is that it is not Engish - your grammar seems to show this.

Do JD Edwards/Peoplesoft not offer classes for OneWorld EnterpriseONE in your country ? You seem to be asking a LOT of technical questions on the product - many of which would be answered extremely quickly by a simple Peoplesoft training class - or by reading the manuals.

You might find that the answers given to your questions might indeed be sparse or extremely limited in their response, or they might be difficult to understand without the foundation knowledge that the Peoplesoft Training provides. There is certainly a lot of knowledge available on JDEList - but it is almost impossible to take someone from ground zero into a professional environment with answers from solely a forum....

Back