Problem entering the SPC code

genchem

Hello

Has any body encounter an issue where you are entering an SPC code on the deployment server using Server security application and license usuage is still showing 0 licensese...

We are on Window2003 server. All the folder on this and other window server is showing read only. But I can write to all the directory...Is this an issue with Win2003..I am attaching the log for your reference...

Attachments

• 70229-jde.log
    2.1 KB · Views: 259
genchem,

I'm not sure whether this will help or not. It has been a while and I can't remember all the details. I seem to remember last time we put in a new SPC that all the fat clients had to be "revalidated." Once this was done the license usage was accurate. When the fat clients are revalidated, the need write access to certain files on the deployment server. I can probably chase up the details if you need. Please note that we use Xe.

I hope this helps.

Aren't you on the line with JDE/PS when you enter that code? What did they say?

Also, in the directions for resetting the code, you need to delete the license files already residing on the deployment server first. They are called jdeclnt.xdc and jdeclnt.ddc. See paper oti-99-0065. And the other person is right, after you get the license set on the deployment server, you have to revalidate the client licenses.

Looking at the logs i would first check the Server Share Path on the Deployment server (Application P9654A)

\\\B9... indicates that the server share path is \\B9.
Ideally it should be \B9 .

Also there is known issue of Windows 2003 not defaulting full permissions on a share definition.I would doubly check that thing up.

Also the revalidation of each client licence is essential in any case after application of new SPC Code.

Back