Financial Row Report

scottw

Well Known Member
I have a custom row report that has recently started to display an exception error window. Nothing appears in the the JDE.log and if I run the report with the debug log turned on the log is much too large to deal with (2.35 gb). The report has roughly three hundred rows. I noticed this the last times that I added new rows. I have tried removing the rows but now that the report has this issue nothing I do seems to correct the issue. The report does finish to fruition but the system many times becomes unstable and OneWorld will terminate itself if I try to do anything else such as use an interactive application. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks

XE SP22_M1 Update 1
AS400 V5R1

We have the exact same problem. We have over 800 rows with approx. 16 columns....Psoft tells me there is a Windows handles limitation at around 9000 "cells" (rows x columns) and that there is no workaround. THIS IS A REAL PROBLEM FOR US....see SAR 6505536...this is a showstopper for us to go live and we have yet to come up with a solution (> 2 weeks of workarounds so far)...

It sounds wrong. Windows does have limitations, but not for Window handles, at least not that low. I think, this should be something else.

What version of Windows are you using?

Do you have any DrWatson logs for this?

An easy way to test this, is instead of adding the field that you would expect to cause a crash, try opening a dozen more windows in OW - just any APPL's. They would also use window handles, so if this is indeed a problem, the same crash should occur.

Regards,
Alexander Pastuhov
http://www.pastuhov.com.au/index.htm

I have to agree.

I find it hard to believe that an Enterprise-level report writing tool
would be so limited in its functionality. We do not have any Dr. Watson
logs but I'm sure I could generate some from one of the reports we have
straggling...

I am trying to find more info on it myself as this is holding us up from
moving forward. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris de Orla
Manager, AS400 Services
Sayers & Associates Limited
(905) 821-4500 Ext. 272
(416) 989-6860

Alex_Pastuhov <[email protected]>
Sent by: [email protected]
05/04/2004 08:53 PM
Please respond to
JDELIST One World / XE Discussions <[email protected]>

To
[email protected]
cc

Subject
Re: Financial Row Report

Alex_Pastuhov replied to your post at the site: .
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=71920

It sounds wrong. NT does have limitations, but not for Window handles. I
think, this should be something else.

Do you have any DrWatson logs for this?

Regards,
Alexander Pastuhov
http://www.pastuhov.com.au/index.htm

Chris de Orla
Manager, AS400 Services
World/Oneworld Software S400 V5R2

Sounds like you need a driver - that calls the UBE x-number of times, to get around the limitation. Basically the driver would govern the number of rows (selection) and increment on subsequent calls

it's an idea - when you want to work around the show-stopper.

Daniel

Back